Medical Questions > Nutrition > Atkins Diet Forum

Obesity health Alert......

Did you know that about 300,000 Americans die each year from obesity and its complications?

Anybody that feels they are obese or knows anybody going thru it should go to this website:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/r esourcemap.phtml

There are a lot of people out there that are overweight and do not even realize it.

I am a perfect example, I knew I was gaining weight but never really admitted it to myself.

About 2 years ago I went to the doctor for a checkup and he told me I was 40 pounds over weight and I was told that was considered obese.

As I walked out of the doctors office I immediately put myself on a diet and
stuck to it for the next 3-4 months where I lost 50 pounds. I put a lot of work into losing that weight and I have kept most of it off and feel great!

If you feel you are obese, I would definitely talk to somebody before it is too late. It takes a tremendous amount of discipline, but you feel like a new person!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 20th, 2003
I have been on a lot of diets in the last couple of years and haven't really stuck to none of them. I always make excuses of why I need to get off. I tried the atkins it made my head hurt all of the time. The doctor said that my body wasn't getting enough sugar and I need to stay away from it. I purchased beachbody.Com a couple of months ago, I use it sometimes and then layoff it for awhile. I'm not a exercising person and on these tapes you exercise alot. I need to loose weight desperately but can't stay away from all that junk food that they offer. I need a diet that I want get tired of too easily. I want to loose weight. I'm 31yrs. Old 5'7 and 210 lbs. Now tell me I don't need to loose weight. Most people say that i'm not fat and I don't look like I weight 210 lbs, but I do. I wear a 16 in clothing. I need to wear a size 10. If someone can help me please
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....