User Profile
Are stress and anger related? Because I can tend to create one reality and then the other one accompanies it. Like I get stressed and then easily angered. Or , if I'm, angry I feel stressed. How to get these feelings under control?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2008
Community Volunteer
I am like this too. If I am stressed out about something I get angry with people very easily. My husband has become accustomed to my just blowing up about little things because I have a bigger problem that I am worried about. I think angry is just angry, it's not really stress.

What I do is just remember that I am worried or stressed about something and this is because it isn't entirely in my control, and that having negative feeling about it only makes me feel worse and doesn't fix the problem. Doing this takes a little time, breathing slowly and calming down at the first signs that I am losing control of feelings.

Losing control of your feelings in anger makes you less of a powerful person in your own life after also taking into consideration the fact that you have little or no power over what is stressing you out. Staying in control of your emotions will make you feel better because that is one thing that you CAN control if you put your mind to it.

I hope that makes sense.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...