User Profile
Well my little boy is finally here, arrived on the 9th. 7lbs 2.6 ounces 21inches.
On thursday i went in for bp check and it was too high and so i went back at 2pm for cervidil insertion and admission to be induced and monitored, it worked well i went into labor within hours, by the am i was 4cm dilated and 90% effaced but baby was still high.
Friday late evening they decided to start pitocin, god that stuff is gross,
he started to have drops in heart rate, so they put an epidural in,
hoping it would relax me and solve th eheart decels, but it didnt.
They stopped pitocin, and waited for an OR. So waited all night and
2am saturday he was born!!
When he came out his Apgar was 1, so scary and sad specially when i am in this cold OR with this drape over me. All i wanted to do was see him. Within 10 min his apgar came up to 8 and daddy brought him over to visit me before i went in to recovery.
The 2.5 hours in recovery was torture, not only was I not feeling well, but I couldnt wait to see my son.
FInally at 5am I got to see him and he is the cutest thing ever, I thing...but I am biased. hehe
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 15th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Congrats!!!
That must have been the most difficult ten minutes ever. I am so glad he is doing better. Please please can you share pictures. I would love to see some.
|

User Profile
Congratulations! Enjoy your motherhood!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Congratulations!
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
You did it, congrats! My sons heart rate went down also so they had to use a vaccum to get his big head out. At one point his heart rate was down to 60 & dropping, if they diddnt cut me & use the vaccum I would have had to had a c-section, but all went ok. I'm proud of you, can't wait for pics! Enjoy your lil one! =D
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
oh yay!!congrates mate!!!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Congrats!
|

Especially eHealthy
Congrats!! Cant wait to see him! O and what did you name him?
|

Experienced User
Congrats!! I am sure it is absolutly wonderful to finally see that little person who has been inside of you for so long.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
congrats
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Awesome news!! Glad baby and momma are doing good! Smile
|

Especially eHealthy
Congratssss!!!

I'm sorry it ended in surgery, as I know you planned on going it natural. But it's a blessing either way!!

HOw are you feeling?! How's he doing??

Name and pics pleaseeeee!!

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2008
Experienced User
congrats!! how many weeks were you when you delivered?
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Thanks everyone. I am so glad he is finally here.
I was 40 weeks along and fairly hypertensive. I was really not wanting to be induced but didnt really have a choice, I mean I could have refused, but I wasnt doing well and didnt want it to affect baby. Of course, as usualy induction turned into c section. I am glad he is here happy and healthy.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
that is great! I was just wondering how far you were because I have had hypertention through out my whole pregnancy and I am 31wks and have been taking bp meds for about 3wks. But anyway, congrats and I hope we can see some pics soon!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Aww.. I'm glad you guys are doing well. I'm sorry you ended in a c-section. I know how bad those suck. I had one on the 31st of last month... Pretty much for the same reasons....

I was only in recovery for 1 hour but every place is different..

Congrats on the baby Smile
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Congrats! I'm sorry your induction ended up in c-section. I don't think that most inductions do but it's always a possibility. Can't wait to see pictures of your little one!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...