Third month on Solia. Am On Synthroid for my hypothyroidism.. not supposed to matter if I'm on it or not...

first month I bled almost the whole month. Second month I did fine, only started to bleed a few days before the sugar week, in which case my Doc. said that maybe my Synthroid dosage was affecting the birth control, or the Solia just wasn't right for me.

She then tested my thyroid and bumped me up to the next higher dose of that.. we kept the Solia staying the same.

Feb is now the third month.. Three days into it I had sex two times, condom each time.

OK so I have had a loss in appetite since the end of the second pack. Mind you I had had sex the second month too, before the bleeding that occured just before the sugar week.

So yes. Not feeling nausious.. just not hungry. and when I am it is for sweet things. This could be because I changed my thyroid medication.

Could it be because I am pregnant?? I did kina have sex a lot in the past month in a half, all with a condom on.. and since we don't know yet if Solia is really working properly because of the thyroid medication..

I shouldn't have had sex until it got straightened out right, I know Sad

any thoughts?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 15th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Im not familiar with this kind of birth control. you could take a home pregnancy test or call your doctor and set up an appt to discuss your concerns. Sorry I could be of more help
|

replied February 18th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Your doctor should really be the one telling you if your medications interfere!!! I'd ask them right away.

You were probably bumped up to a higher dose to prevent spotting, NOT because the birth control wasn't working. Spotting doesn't mean the birth control isn't working.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...