Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Pregnancy confirmed at appointment

User Profile
Hey ladies!
Well, my first appt. went pretty well - they didn't do a *whole* lot, but they confirmed my pregnancy and said I am a little over 5 weeks, which is right about where I thought I was. My due date (as of now!) is October 15th...Yay!! yes
My next appt. is March 17th (St. Patrick's Day - this baby has something with holidays!) and I'll be aboue 10 weeks, so hopefully we'll get to hear the heartbeat! Very Happy
I'll keep you guys posted!! Happy Valentine's Day!! 4you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 14th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Awww i am so happy that your appointment went well.
|

Extremely eHealthy
how cool huh? Did you get to have an ultrasound done? Or is it still too soon. I found out at 5 weeks too. My 1st appt was at 7 weeks and 3 days and we got to see the baby but didnt get to hear the heatbeat....

i too cant wait to hear the heart beat though...it takes so long huh?
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Thats great the apt went well!!!! Congrats again!!!
|

User Profile
replied February 15th, 2008
Experienced User
Thanks so much, ladies! Very Happy

Rosie - They didn't do an ultrasound, they actually said that unless something is wrong, the ONLY ultrasound we'll get is at 22-23 weeks...I was a little bummed, but I'll be happy as long as I get to hear the heartbeat sooner than that!

How far along are you? Congrats on your pregnancy! yes
|

replied February 18th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I will be 11 weeks tomorrow and I cannot wait to hear the heart beat. My morning sickness has been going strong. I am feeling really bloated lately. My boods are getting huge and my pot belly that I already had is getting bigger, probably due to water weight. But its exciting, I just wish it went by faster.

that sucks that you only get one ultrasound. The doctor I had said that I only got one too. But I have friends that got like three pictures, but my doc doesnt do pictures. I am having to change doctors cause my insurance is almost out. Hopefully my new doctor will be more willing to do ultrasounds....
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....