For a few years now I have had a problem with my calves cramping up when I am tired. If I am sitting for a while usually at night, either on a couch or laying on a couch, my calves cramp up very badly. I have to keep moving my legs in order for the pain to subside minimally. I try walking around, but as soon as I sit down, they cramp up again. It is not as painful as a charlie horse, but bad enough to cause restlesness. The only way I can fix this is to go to sleep and as funny as it seems, in bed.
I used to work in retail and was on my feet for 10-12 hours a day, but since december I took a new job with some traveling and mainly computer work. Though the pain has not stopped. My diet is not very good, mainly fast food, with good dinners a few times a week. I drink alot of water, not too much soda unless with a meal. It just only happens when I am tired.
Thanks
viper9080
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 4th, 2004
Experienced User
I have heard that reoccuring cramps are caused by a lack of potassium in your body. The easiest way to remedy that is to eat bananas. Other than that the only other thing I could think of is maybe you possibly have a version of restless leg syndrome. Do an internet search for "restless leg syndrome" and see if any of it sounds familiar. Good luck - hope you can find some answers Smile
|

replied May 4th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
You also may want to take a multi-vitamin with your daily calcium and potassium.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Shafi Ullah Khan
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....