Medical Questions > Relationships > GLBT Relationships Forum

does she like me as friend or more ?

First off let me say hi too everyone out there. My name's Kelli, and I'm a 19 yr old girl in college. I'm pretty new to writing on forums and I hope I can meet nice helpful people

Anywho...I have a question to ask out there because I'd like to get some other input (and I keep obsessing over it).I'll try to make this story as short as I can...

First of my question: Do you think she likes me or has any romantic feelings for me?

So the story begins where most do. I'm crushing big time on my best friend. It started last school year but I didn't admit it too myself until this year (a month ago). I really don't know how this started, I've never felt this way about another girl before and at first it had me terrified!

So it's obvious to me that I like her and am attracted to her but does she like me? Now, the problem with this whole thing is she tends to be very conservative, and a very affectionate person but there are some things we do that normal friends just don't do. Here, you be the judge.

1. We pretend to be lesbians with each other.

While alot of people do this. In the past we've slept in the same bed. One day I jokingly wrapped my arms around her (while lying in bed together) and she grasped hold of my hand and linked fingers with me. We fell asleep like that! (and have done things similar a couple of times)

2. We've held hands (linked fingers) on various occations (usually when no ones looking) for long periods of time. (recently she slid her hand into mine when we were watching a tv show and said it was because her hands were cold. We held hands for about 20 mins until one of our other friends entered into the room).

3. I tend to freak out about touchy feely things (even though I love affection) and she likes to get me to jump by running her hands up my legs, or my arms, or get really close to me like she's going to kiss me, lay on top of me, etc.

4. When we hug each other (which we do frequently) we hug for a long time and pretty much caress each others backs.

5. She just kisses me on the cheek randomly sometimes.

6. All of our friends that have seen us together say that we're a little too close for friends and say we look like a couple.

7. At a random church people thought we were a couple because we were sitting with our legs intertwined because it was cold.

8. Sometimes when we're just sitting, she'll place her hand on my thigh and just leave it there.

9. Lately if she hurts herself she'll want me to kiss the spot (usually her hand) but she only asks me to do this.

But I don't know! It's strange. But she doesn't do these things to any of our other friends and she says she's never done stuff like this to anyone before.

And there was this time that I bet her that she wouldn't kiss me (on the lips); long story, and she took up the bet, even though eventually she said she couldn't do it. Then the bet turned tables and when I was bet to kiss her and tried too she backed away and acted weird for awhile. But now she's back to getting very close to my face almost kissing me.

Please help me because I'm driving myself crazy with this! Again, I've never been in a situation like this before (liking another girl like this) and it's so weird but it feels nice to crush on her for some reason (we just fit I guess). Do you think she's just an overly affectionate person or do you think she possibly likes me?

~Kelli
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 14th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Sounds to me like she likes you as more than a friend but I hear it is different with girls...that they flirt with each other even if they are straight so i don't think I can help much. Its different with us guys. I hope a girl will respond and help you out here. Good Luck.
|

replied May 6th, 2008
shes into you but be careful!!
i have had similar problems where u wonder if itsjust b/c they are touchy feelyor if they actually like u. i think she likesyou but i'd be careful because you don't want to scare her away!! she seems to still be in the closet u know.
|

User Profile
replied May 6th, 2008
Community Volunteer
good point
|

replied June 23rd, 2008
i had a best friend before i left school and we were closer together then we were with our bfs. It felt like we fitted together and that we made each other whole. It happened
while i was pregnant with my first child too and she told me that she wished it was ours.
I know and understand how you feel, basically if you like the feeling and you feel like you fit together then i would say to enjoy what you have and enjoy being in each others company together. She sounds like she may be in the closet, i advise you to take things slowly and try to figure out if you want to be with her or some boy.
i have every hope that you will do the right thing
|

replied June 24th, 2008
Experienced User
It wouldn't hurt to talk to her, and see what she is all about. Sounds like stuff a typical couple would do (I am guilty of almost everything on the list - holding hands, snuggling / holding my bf in my arms while I sleep, etc.). Maybe she wants more, and is trying to tell you that in a firtatious way, but can't bring herself to make such a move, and is probably closeted, like others have pointed out.

If you two are true friends, you should be able to talk about this with each other.
|
Users who thank JYoungBear for this post: homerx