Hey everyone, I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome so my periods are not of regular length. My last period was on November 18 and I did get one until January 11. My boyfriend and I have been trying to get pregnant and we had sex on the January 10. So I was just wondering because I have been doing some research and was wondering if I was able to get pregnant the day before my period since I have an irregular cycle. If someone could let me know that would be great.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 11th, 2008
Community Volunteer
No you cannot get pregnant the day before your cycle starts. Your hormone levels wouldn't be right. I think it's 2 weeks before your cycle starts that you might be able to conceive no matter what the length of your cycles.
|

replied February 18th, 2008
No...
Hi, you will need to either find a way of identifying when ovulation takes place which should be around 14 days to your next period which in your case is extremely difficult or see a doctor. I used to have very irregular periods and never took it seriously. Last week I went to see a doctor after trying to get a baby for some time and was found to be having Polycystic Ovaries. I have been out on treatment to help regularise my cycle and force ovulation on a particular day. In a way my advice is do see a Gyna or GP.
|

replied December 25th, 2008
Actually..
I suggest charting your basal temp. I've had irregular periods for my entire pubescent life and when my husband and I started trying to have a baby my doctors all agreed that charting your basal temp is a good indicator for ovulation. There are many free online charts and the only thing you'll need is a digital thermometer.(although a mercury thermometer will work but the movement for getting the mercury down might mess up your results, also a digital thermometer can be read out to a tenth of a degree for more accurate readings.) It takes a while to get the hang of taking and reading the temp correctly and if your not on any medicines for regulating your cycle it might be a long time before you notice the trend and are able to take advantage of it. Good luck.
|

replied May 17th, 2009
i have polycistic ovaries too. it's difficult to know when you ovulate so the best thing to do is to just have sex everyday - that way you have it covered for when you do ovulate. well, that's what i did and i can't believe that i got pregnant quite soon afterwards. i also had irregular periods, had no idea if i even ovulatede and thought i would never be able to get pregnant and all it took for us was just sex every day consistently and all of a sudden it happened!
|
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....