Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

Cold weather causing blue and aching knees

Hi all, perhaps I'm being silly but I wanted to check if anyone is experiencing the same problem?

In cold and damp weather my knees are constantly freezing cold and blue, no matter what I try and they ache unbearably Sad

I'm only 22 and hate to think that I may already have arthritis but everywhere I read seems to point in that direction. I'm not overweight and I do plenty of exercise, (horse riding, walking, running, swimming, climbing) and my job means that I am active all day so I know that this is not part of my problem.

Does anyone else have this issue? And if so could you suggest any natural remedies I could try?

Thanks in advance!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 12th, 2008
Experienced User
Wow. Sorry to hear that. You'll need a physical exam and blood test with your GP in order to diagnose arthritis. Did you know that there are over 100 types of arthritis? Some of the blood tests include:

* Rheumatoid Factor
* Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate
* C-reactive Protein (CRP)
* Anti-cyclic Citrullinated Peptide Antibody Test (anti-CCP)
* Antinuclear Antibodies (ANA)
* Complete Blood Count
* HLA Tissue Typing
* Uric Acid

It sounds like you might have some circulation issues going on, as well. Get a diagnosis first, though, before you start treating any condition ... even with natural supplements.

Glucosamine sulfate and Chrondrioton (sp?) are typically helpful for treating arthritis naturally and can be found in any natural foods store. Glucosamine and Chondroitin joint supplements can be taken orally as tablets.
|

replied August 3rd, 2010
sore knees in cold weather.
hi, yes i am only 16, and i am very fit, i dont do allot of sporting but im out walking the farm, and trying to ride horses. i go to the beach fairly regualry and swim, but in cold weather, my knees they get really sore, and crack a bit when i move them, i dont really notice the blue part, but i do notice my toes feel really cold asiff they are frozen.
but throughout the day, in the warm, my knees are fine, but if i stand for a while in 1 place, i get this itchy sorta feeling in my legs. but its really irritating.
|
Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...