so I have endo. It is consuming me and my family...I have tried everything but major sugery. I am depressed and my 3 year old wants to know why I am sad. I want to crawl under a rock and die. There is no support so i am looking for anyone out there to share and let me know that I am not alone...this disease sucks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 12th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
It can cause hormonal fluxes and cause depression. Have you spoken with your gyn about your depression? There is treatment for it. I know it can help. My best friend and my sister have dealt with this. Talk to your doc. You should not have to feel this bad!
|

replied February 15th, 2008
thank you for your concern. Yes I have talked to the doctor and he has tried things...sometimes it is just overwhelming...I am up right now while eveyone is aslep in pain and all I can do is sit here and feel sorry for myself. I guess i just wanted to hear that I was not alone and that other people feel this way too but have coping mechanisims that helped.
|

replied February 20th, 2008
You're not alone...
Hi Jenwithendo,

I am sorry to hear you are suffering so. I am waiting to see if my endo is a one-off or if I have the condition. I am really lucky as I have private healthcare at work and after a month long heavy and extremely painful period which my GP dismissed and told me I'd have to put up with , I was referred to a private gyno - he was great and I had a laporscopy the follwing week. They caught it early and there was only a small growth which was lasered there and then.

I did see in another thread that a woman was trying the Endo diet which she said you can find on google. I have also heard that acupuncture can be very good at alleviating pain and helping with depression.

I know that this condition affects everyone in different ways and therefore I am thankful that so far mine is very mild. I hope that you can find treatment to help you. I hope that you find some solace in sharing your thoughts with others.
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....