Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Do I have schitzophrenia ?

User Profile
i hear voices often accusatory (unjustified) i often feel the prescence of people near me who are both alive and dead,and have the ability to discern imediatly who the person is, although their is nobody their, i often see a heat haze type effect when this occurs, i hear a pffft sound in the back of my head and it is associated with a crumbling humbling sensation.i also at times feel pin prick, needle like sensations, up to 80 or more over a period of a few hours. i recently saw kelsey grammer in a show playing the part of the angel of death and now i seem to see him driving past me in the mornings ? do i have schitzophrenia ?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 20th, 2008
Schizophrenia Answer A3698
False perceptions (hallucinations) are symptoms of schizophrenia. But people diagnosed with schizophrenia have no doubt that whatever they see, hear or feel is real. According to your description, it seems to me that you are aware that the perceptions you are experiencing are not real. Your question alone is a proof that you don’t have schizophrenia, however, you can consult a mental health professional for advice and to seek help.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Schizophrenia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.