Has anyone read anything about the likelihood of miscarriage or complications from food poisoning while pregnant? All I've read is that food poisoning is linked to miscarriage and how to avoid it. Well, I've been hit with it pretty badly - lost 4 lbs in 24 hours from severe vomiting and diarrhea - so I can't exactly "avoid" it at this point. I can still barely eat a thing (48 hours on) and am concerned for the well being of my baby. My boobs have lost tenderness as well. Any thoughts?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 11th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
if you do not have any severe abdominal pain or any bleeding then I think you are ok. I think the only serious risk you would have is dehydration. Try to drink lots of fluids and vitamins to replenish the fluid and nutrients you have lost. If the diarrhea continues and if you lose more weight I would call your doctor.

but I think you should be ok. Sorry you feel so bad. I had food poisoning last year and it was horrible. I hope you are feeling better soon
|

thank you for your comments. it's a lot to deal with right now. the vomiting and diarrhea seem to have subsided - i'm now just deathly nauseous all day long (which may or may not be pregnancy related). i've had a few pretty bad cramps, but nothing lasting too long, and no bleeding. so... fingers crossed that everything will be back to normal soon.

best to you.
|

Extremely eHealthy
hey sorry to hear that you are still feeling so nausous. They say that by 3-5 months the morning sickness should go away. But I have heard of women that had morning sickness their entire pregnancy and others never got sick.

I am 10 weeks and experience nausia all day and I throw up every morning. I have also had cramps on and off since 5 weeks. The cramps are normal. Its just ypur body adjusting to the baby growing. My hips have started to get sore too. But as long as there is no blood with the cramps then its normal. As for your nausea that should be going away but its hard to tell cause every women is different.
|
Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....