sounds like my dad. he has it in his larynix now. hes been doing chemo but so far i think its hurting more than its helping. when i was at my moms that week i went to see him alot. which was good. but i hate seeing him like that.

my dad started smoking pot too now. so maybe that will help. i dunno.

[mod note: split from http://ehealthforum.com/health/viewtopic.p hp?t=127410&sid=51a417982ce51d83691bb0 67ac4d080c]
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 9th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
if it does im gunna really think the government is lying when they say its harmful.
|

Especially eHealthy
lol pot is the most unharmful thing ever
the govt is full of it because they cant make money off of it. they cannot control all of the profit from pot like they do tobacco and alcohol...which kill people everyday
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
I dunno if its unharmful, Kyle swears he was smarter before he smoked all that pot in highschool but, I do think it has its benefits for people who need it. Like cancer patients. I totally agree that it's illegal because the government can't control it.
|

Especially eHealthy
i agree, pot grows from the earth, it was made for me to smoke it lol even my crazy mom agrees.
|

Especially eHealthy
as long as no crazy people lace it then i think its ok

there is no link to pot and health problems. certain kinds with hiigh THC (or dro,chronic,dank whatever they want to call it) help cancer,brain tumors and everything.

i hope it does SOMETHING for my dad. right now i cont care what helps. as long as something does
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
people used to think that tobacco was harmless too.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I read somewhere that there is four times more tar in marijuana than there is in cigarettes, but I don't know if that's true or not.

I think pot should be legalized, but have [basically] the same laws as alcohol.
|

Especially eHealthy
the_girlfriend wrote:
the govt is full of it because they cant make money off of it. they cannot control all of the profit from pot like they do tobacco and alcohol...which kill people everyday

Actually, Suzy, if they legalized it, yes they could make all the money off it that they wanted. Which is EXACTLY how they make money off of tobacco and alcohol.

And your father is smoking pot for the chemo. It helps to get chemo patients to eat and can help in the area of nausea.
|

Especially eHealthy
Ingi wrote:
the_girlfriend wrote:

Actually, Suzy, if they legalized it, yes they could make all the money off it that they wanted. Which is EXACTLY how they make money off of tobacco and alcohol.

And your father is smoking pot for the chemo. It helps to get chemo patients to eat and can help in the area of nausea.

that must be it because he was loosing weight fast. he was down to 126 pounds last time i saw him.
|

Especially eHealthy
i dont believe any of those studies, i think they are made up. i just cant see them having a bunch of people smoke it so they can study the affects, since its illegal
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I completely agree with the fact it's illegal because the gov't can't tax it. It's easier to grow and cultivate than tobacco and alcohol, so if it were to become legal, people could just grow it on their own and not buy it.

I think it's just as harmful as cigarettes, if not less. Definitely less harmful than all the other illegal drugs. I do believe it helps with symptoms of somethings, and chemo is definitely one of them. My uncle got through it very well, and he always thanks pot for it.

Tell your dad good luck and he'll definitely be in my thoughts!
|

I would definitely not say it is without harm. It cause short term memory loss and loss of inhibitions and motor skills. Smoking it also cause more tar consumption.

And why exactly would harvard lie about their studies? I highly doubt they would want to lose credibility over something like this.
|

Especially eHealthy
lizet wrote:
I would definitely not say it is without harm. It cause short term memory loss and loss of inhibitions and motor skills. Smoking it also cause more tar consumption.

And why exactly would harvard lie about their studies? I highly doubt they would want to lose credibility over something like this.

please pull up the harvard study that says it causes memory loss.
|

Quote:
A Harvard Medical School study in 2003 found lasting memory impairment in people who had started smoking marijuana before age 17, when the brain is still forming.

Link :
http://www.livescience.com/health/060313_p ot_brain.html

I believe that would count as a Harvard study, don't you? Although they put it in a more technical light as an impairment.
|

Especially eHealthy
LOL a harvard study is from harvard.

Wink

i believe we have a member on this forum that looks at studies and determines if they are legit or not. (erick)
ill try and clue him in on this
|

Yes, I am fully aware that *a harvard study is from harvard* The Harvard medical school conducted the study.
|

Especially eHealthy
here is a study done by WEBMD a very relaible source of information. your source was not directly from harvard and i cannot find anything from harvard on that stdy at all

here you go
http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20 030701/heavy-marijuana-use-doesnt-damage-b rain
|

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20 061120/marijuana-may-affect-memory

Here is a webmd one just for you.

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20 070726/pot-now-psychotic-later

And another linking pot with an increase in psychosis. Also, these studies are just reports from independent researchers. It is the same premise as reporting on a Harvard study, only Harvard is more reliable in its case studies

Wink
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
the_girlfriend wrote:
as long as no crazy people lace it then i think its ok

there is no link to pot and health problems. certain kinds with hiigh THC (or dro,chronic,dank whatever they want to call it) help cancer,brain tumors and everything.

i hope it does SOMETHING for my dad. right now i cont care what helps. as long as something does

the girlfriend, I really think it will help him, I truly do. I have AIDS which can be very similar to cancer and it makes you nauseous and makes you where you cant eat and all that and it REALLY helps a lot. I had lost over 60 lbs. in only 3 or 4 weeks and once I started using marijuana I was able to get hungry and keep the food down plus I was able to sleep threw the night without having to get up to hurl. That was over 5 years ago and I am getting stronger every day and a lot of that is thanks to MJ. Let me tell you, when someone says you are going to die, you do whatever it takes to get better and to live as healthy and as happy as possible. If your dad has lung cancer, to keep out the tar and smoke, make him brownies and cookies and its even good in tea and spaghetti sauce...be creative, get him a vaporizer, you can get them on line or at most head shops. That way you get the effects without the harmful smoke. If I misspelled anything I am sorry, I also had a stroke after 9/11 and I still have a hard time reading and writing. Good Luck and tell your dad that he is in my thoughts and to think positive and relax and try eating or cooking or baking the pot if the smoke bothers him.Peace and Love, homerx Smile
|