Hi All,

Been suffering for some time now with various metabolic disorder related symptoms (headaches,blurry vision, night sweats, etc) and my doctors seem to be dragging their heels,so I did my own OGTT, results below.

FBG 105
+30 190
+60 148
+90 110
+120 80
+150 68

BG then rose gently back to fasting levels over the next 90 mins. I've not managed to measure real lows as yet - lowest to date has been around 60 - but I do seem to suffer from rapid highs followed by fairly rapid drops after eating. Does this look like reactive HG, or more symptomatic of mild diabetes?

Dominic
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 15th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Could be an early version of diabetes, you shot way above normal range at the 30 minute mark there.
|

replied April 18th, 2008
OGTT results
It does look like you went pretty high at the 30 minute mark.... I would agree with Stan that it could possibly be early diabetes - especially because your fasting level was high as well. However, your levels do go up, and then have a significant drop so that you feel the same "crashing" feeling that I do. Our test results look similar -except that yours are higher in the beginning indicating a possibility of diabetes. I have heard that hypoglycemia can turn into diabetes 2 - I read it in a book called the Do's and Don'ts of Hypoglycemia, written by Roberta that started the Hypoglycemia Support Foundation. I wonder if that could be a possibility for you? I'm just guessing though based on my own research! Your symtoms are identical to mine!
|

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2008
Community Volunteer
I've heard of a condition, supposed to be fairly rare, called dyinsulinism, might want to look into that as well.
|