I was diag. 2 years ago, although I have had sp's & cp's for 15 years previous to that and didn't know what they were. None of the meds I have been on have controlled the sz's. I am seeing a new neuro who prescribed an ambularory eeg. Monday I go in for an mri.

Question: I have only seen one person have a gtc. That was years ago, all I remember is him shaking and at the time I had no idea what I was seeing. (his daughter was comforting me!)

is it possible to dream realistically of having a gtc using that info and that I have only had one that I know of? To dream so real that the it dosen't fade like most do? Or is it possible to know you are seizing (gtc) even when you are going into the tonic stage????? The reason I ask is this morning(while still hooked up) I dreamed? Of the tonic stage???? I remember jerking backwards and moaning or sort of yelling. Is that a dream? Is that a sz????

The 'memory/dream' is very brief. When I woke up from my nap I was sleep-drowsy...Not confused..Etc.

Does anyone else have dreams that are so realistic? Any feedback would be appreciated...Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 1st, 2004
Experienced User
Froggy,
when I have a grand mal I am aware of things and can hear whats going on around me. When they happen in my sleep it does seem as though its a dream, I feel like i'm half a wake half a sleep. I know that my body is trying to fold in half backwards or go into a fetal postion, and shake/jerk.
The more into the seizure the more the noises seem distorted to me. Afterwards I don't remember everything, just bits and pieces.
It does always seem very vivid to me.
My other seizures I have in my sleep are kinda like this in away to very vivid,and strange feeling....
I hope this helps..... If you have any questions just ask.
Jill
|

replied May 6th, 2004
I appreciate your answer. The grand mals are 'uncharted territory' for me. I've had sp's & cp's for years...

You helped greatly! Thanks!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Andre V Strizhak
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....