Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

smoker with lung pain after coughing

Have you ever had a cough and when you are done, you feel a burnin sensation in your lungs? well i am 18 years old and i started smoking at around age 16 and i receently start feeling this pain in my chest, not exactly like the pain described above but similir but it isnt as harsh, u feel a slight sensation sometimes you dont feel it at all, but it always returns, i dont cough..i have recently stoped smokin and im wonderin wat this pain is?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 12th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
How long has the cough been present?
Is your lung pain located in a specific spot on the chest like chest pain or feels like a deep ache?
|

replied February 26th, 2008
its sorta like a specific spot on my chest it feels like both my lungs
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hard coughing can injure chest wall muscles, causing pain for days or weeks often confined to one area in the chest wall, which also feels sore when pressed.
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2008
Supporter
I wonder if you have a slight infection of some type. You might want to ask for diagnostic tests from your doctor ... is the pain accompanied by phlegm?
|

replied March 16th, 2012
I Need Help
I dont smoke..but when i cough i cant breathe afterwards, and sometimes i throw up. Also one night i was choked in my sleep and start coughing for about three minutes and couldnt breathe at all. Any ideas what may be happening...
|
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....