Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Update On Me, Pls Read* Need Advice Again

Lol not a big deal to you all probably but I just wanted to tell you I reached the 7 month mark today!! (28 weeks!!) I had my doctors appt today. He said he seems fine, probably 2 lbs about, his heart beat was between 130-and 135.. That seemed low to me?!? But he said it was fine so I guess I shouldnt worry then right? He also told me the reason why I am not feeling him as much as others do at this point is because normally the baby is upfront where you feel your belly and the placenta behind it, well in my case, the placenta is up front and the baby behind it...He said its fine and all but thats why I dont feel him as frequently so that made me feel better! Lets see.. What else.. He said I should be able to breastfeed even if ive had my nipples peirced (dont think im trash please for having it done b4,. I was in a stage lol) he said it could mess up my milk flow but we will just have to wait and see. K and now the bad news...

You know my name issue? Well I thought I would probably name him garrett matthew now....Well my mom is on the phone with my gramma right now.. And all she said was that im considering other names too (gramma and grampa wanted me to name him grant, thats my grampas name) anyhow.. My gramma told my mom I better not because grampa would cry and that hes 'overlysentimental' right now because of all the cancer stuff hes going through!!!! I dont want to name him grant! They assumed a long time ago that I was without talking to me about it!!!! Sad I feel like a bad granddaughter.. But I mean I dont want to settle for a name I dont want.. Even tho it would be 'nice' of me to name him after my grandfather.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 30th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
First off, congrats on the 7th month! I hit mine just 3 days ago Smile
and second, I think ur grandparents need a reality check. How rude of them to make u feel bad when its (caps)your baby! Like u had the idea for the baby, they should appreciate that, but they were the ones who jumped to conclusions. They shouldnt make such a big deal over a name! They should be happy theire having a healthy great grandson with a good mother taking care of him! I say u should talk to ur mom becuz that is very uncalled for and their puttin u in a position which could make u unhappy for the rest of ur life.
My friends sister had a baby and wanted to name her jay-leigh but I guess her friend had had a baby earlier and named it jay-lynn and freaked out about the names bein too close so my friends siter changed the name from jay-leigh to jaden and ever since she regrets it and wishes she didnt let her friend walk over her (sortof a different situation but u know what im getting at)
ur grandparents really need to get it thru them that what they're doing to u is wrong! Very wrong! Your baby, ur life, ur decisions. I think since u'll be carrying this baby for 9 months and ur the one doing everything for the baby, the least they can even let u do is name it. I hope everythings okay but really its ur decision and garrett is a great name!

Shauna
|

replied April 30th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Thank you so much shauna!! Isnt hitting that mark exciting? Well, hittin any month is! But yea I am happy** and about my grandparents.. I know, I agree with you, but I cant help but to feel bad.. I mean their my grandparents ya know? Im not naming him grant because I just dont 'feel' it.. He doesnt feel like a grant to me... I just gotta break it to them..Somehow. And I dont want their guilt trip! My whole fams like that tho, theres not a way around it. We'll see. . I have to tell em b4 sunday.. Sunday is my baby shower.. I dont want my gramma telling people his name is grant still.. My mom only told her I was 'considering' other names..... But we'll see what happens! Thank you so much for your help!
|

replied April 30th, 2004
Especially eHealthy
Hey
I am happy for you! 7 months is a great stretch to the end! As for the name thing. Oh hun I dunno what to say.....I'd never name my child a name I don't like or want....But I see why it's hard for you. You are in a unique position.
|

replied April 30th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Hmmm well im trying to figure this out. I asked my boyfriend what he thought and he thinks that if it means that much to your grandparents (to have the baby named that) there must be a certain reasn behind it as to why? And maybe u can make up a different way to show ur grandparents u still care but u just dont want it that name.
Try and talk with em about it, and if they start to cry, tell em to be mature about the subject and deal with it like adults. Tell em exactly how u feel and let them have their say and what not, but really, for grandparents, they should not have put u in this position. I hope everything works out and if u have trouble bringing it up, start talking about the baby shower and gifts ur hoping to get, then slowly bring up the name.. Hopefully that'll help. I hope everything goes okay and u get this off ur shoulders!

Shauna
|

replied April 30th, 2004
Couldn't you alwasy use grant as an extra middle name.. Then your granddad will still be over joyed that his name is still part of your babys name? X
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...