Does anybody know anything about his skin problem. I want to know if it is serious as it looks. The internet is scaring me with the information I am finding on this skin problem.

Thanks,

pr
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 20th, 2004
Had This Skin Disease
About 20 years ago I had this patch of scaly raised bumps on my collar bone. I went to the doctor and gave me some salve and I have never had a reoccurance. The new studies show if you do not get it treated soon it could turn into some type of skin cancer. Please have it checked out.
|

replied December 1st, 2007
Cure For Pityriasis Rosea
I had this for 4 weeks and it was just getting worse. I tried erythromycin and it didnt work. I was so frustrated and down(I have the herald patch and about 20 other small marks). Then, I put preparation H on all the spots and they are almost GONE OVERNIGHT! It is a miracle. Try it. Let me know if this works for everone else
|

replied February 4th, 2008
re: Cure for PR
I'm going to try your suggestion. I've been putting over-the-counter hydrocortisone on the spots and taking benedryl at night. Didn't think it was doing anything so I quit for 3 days. They spots got redder, so I started up again and they have faded back to a dark pink. I just want them gone.
|

replied March 23rd, 2008
Pityriasis Rosea
I've had what I self-diagnoses last spring as ringworm, dr confirmed, I followed the normal protocol of pills and cream and it seemed to stop. Have a large (5x7) dark spot on the back of my left thigh. Didn't go away but didn't grow either until fall/winter arrived. I have now several, new large spots, pink with raised bumps around the perimeter in my groin area and lots of little spots on my inner and outer thighs, basically from my hip bone to below on my knee on left leg and moving that way on my right leg. the little spots ich when they are new or when they get hot.
Dr now thinks it is something 'serious' like a thyroid disorder/immune deficiency, gave me a prescription for steriod cream which I ditched.
I've spent most of this afternoon on the net researching and finally came to the realization that my symptons resemble mostly this PR thing and the first treatment I'm going to try is Preparation H. I will post my findings.
|

replied February 12th, 2010
Pityriasis Rosea
I what to know what to do to relive the dry skin I have PR as well and my doctor told me to use Cliniderm but the skin is very very dry still and flakes I'm african so I have darker skin and the spots are darker
|

replied January 2nd, 2015
Where did you get the cliniderm? Prescription or OTC??
|

replied February 13th, 2010
I was diagnosed with PR yesterday, but had no herald patch; not itching; just pink scaly patches which are more oval than round. All the lesions showed up at one time so I'm wondering if it could be subacute cutaneous lesions related to lupus. Anyone with experience in this area? My gut tells me it isn't PR, and the only pics of lesions I can find that look the same as mine are of subacute cutaneous lesions. I'm a veteran, so dealing with the VA student docs is not ideal. Thanks in advance for any help.
|

replied August 27th, 2010
"CURE" It worked for me.
I was diagnosed by my doctor a few days after the herald patch came and the oval rashes started forming and spreading. She told me it could last up to four months and that there was absolutely nothing to cure it. I freaked! I knew that sunlight would help so the following weekend I went swimming and tanning at my in-laws. They have a saltwater pool and I'm not sure what happened that day but it's now a week later and all my marks have turned into little dry spots. They started flaking like a sunburn and are almost gone!
I would say the combination of the water drying the spots out and the direct sunlight helped me extremely!
I haven't used creams, pills, etc at all. Just this one day out in the sun! Please try this before you spend a lot of cash on treatments or things to make this rash better. Hope this helps!
|

replied April 20th, 2011
Need Help With PR Please
I first got diagnosed with PR last year on my birthday, at 1st i didn have a clue what it was people wer makin it out to be somethin extremly worse like shingles and stuff i when to the doctors and they told me it was PR i paniced of th fact that it was no cure no nothin. i was completely embarrssed and insurce on my birthday sat ther in a dress covered in all these horrible red spot, but three days ago it came back and its worse... last time i didn really do much i jus left it for abou 4weeks then when back to the doctors and got "Doublebase Gel" which is for imflamed or itchy skin, it worked, with 3-4days of usin it and it was gone, bu this time iv been usin it since its came back and it hasnt helped at all... :/ its itching that bad i feel like my skin is burnin :/ im emabrrsed to leav my house because my arms are covered in red spots im nover overacting by sayith this bu i look like a red and white version of mr.blobby :/ i need some sort of treatment.. help please??
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....