User Profile
When pregnant with my first child in 2001, I noticed a little blue bump slightly under the skin, between my breast area, more over the diaphram I believe. I was in the tub with a huge belly. When I got out I sterilized the area with alcohol and sterilized the pin, and dug it out. It was a tiny black hard thing, shaped kind of like a roundish, but not a ball, with maybe tiny tiny bumps on it. I broke it open with the pin, It was very tiny like the size of this letter " a ". Inside the hard exterior was nothing. I shrugged it off grossed out & never looked back. Since then, I did get another one after the pregnancy was over, and could not retrieve it. Then between 2001 and NOW, I have had 3 more that I removed on my own, this time in my breast. I thought it was a hormone change or something, but now I am concerned. My friend is older than me and just had a mammogram and ultrasound, then a biopsy of some fibroid tumors. I have been thinking about my situation a lot worried What are they?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 11th, 2008
Breast Cancer Answer A3633
It is very hard to answer your question without seeing the blue bumps on your breast area. The lumps may not originate from the breast glandular tissue (like your friend’s fibroma) but from the skin itself. You shouldn't remove them by yourself but you can ask medical help at your GP or family doctor's office and consult a dermatologist, if necessary.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breast Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.