Medical Questions > Nutrition > Vegetarian Diet Forum

disappointed about study

User Profile
for a while now i have been waiting to take part in a medical research study, testing out new treatments. I thought it would be a good way to make some easy money so i can go traveling. i'm registered with the organisation but when i rang up to volunteer for the current study i was told i could not participate because i am vegetarian and everyone who stays in the centre has to eat the same thing, which will include meat. i am gutted! i thought everywhere catered for veggies these days but i was wrong! Mad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 25th, 2008
I am very strange
hello friend i am very strange after reading your post.Bro don't be depressed start non veg definitely you will get entrance in that organization.Keep your fingure cross.
|

replied May 12th, 2008
Fiona, don't compromise your eating habits for a study. From what I've read about studies, those are the things to avoid like the plague.
I am also a vegetarian and I won't change that for anybody or anything.
|

replied December 6th, 2011
I too have heard that these studies are torturous-- which is why they pay so well and why you get the majority of the money only upon completion of the study. A huge number of people drop out before the end. In some sleep studies, for instance, you have to use a bed pan, stay in complete darkness for days at a time, stand staring at a wall for 12 hours, and other similarly unpleasant activities. Believe me, you will earn every penny of that "easy money".
|

User Profile
replied August 21st, 2018
Experienced User
I'm sorry that you were so offended. But I express to you my best wishes on proper nutrition!
|