User Profile
I just wanted to say that being a vegetarian for a little over a week hasn't been bad! I've tried boca burgers (which were amazing) and a veggie burger (which wasn't too bad, it was from burger king) and non-chicken; chicken nuggets! It's yummy.

Last night I went out shopping to get an outfit for competetion. I'm so excited! I'm competing in Retail Merchandising in DECA for school. I'm hoping to place so that I can go on to nationals and state. What an amazing opportunity for my senior year. I'm not sure where State is, but nationals is in atlanta Georgia. So cross your fingers.

I didn't end up finding an outfit but I found a cute pair of high heels. They're origionally 35 dollars, but I got them for 20, whoo!!!

We're also getting really bad weather. The sky is like almost black, has been really dark all day. I didn't end up going to school today. When we were leaving it was raining & then it started to sleet, so my mom turned around and took me back home and by the time we got home it was snowing in really big flakes and thundering. I've never heard it thunder while it was snowing. We're supposed to get 8-12 inches of snow, eeek!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 5th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
cute avatar!

what do you do in the competition? good luck!

i didn't know you were trying vegetarianism. good luck with that too! i couldn't live without chicken.
|

Especially eHealthy
I try the whole vegetarian thing every once in awhile. Then I remember that I like meat. Wink

Good luck on both!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Thanks b!
*btw, when I said I didn't know where state was, I'm sure it's in Missouri, I just meant I didn't know where in Missouri lol I realized it made me sound kind of stupid.

& mainly we have to do a 100 question test based on what we're competing in, & then we have to do 2 role plays. We have to dres in business type clothes, and show confidence like... having a good hand shake and eye contact, ect. I think I've got that down.

I'm really nervous about the role playing though. I get so nervous doing things like that and end up making myself look like an idiot. But I want to place SO BAD.

& about vegetarianism (did I spell that right? Laughing ) it's really not that bad. Last time I did it I didn't try anything new to replace it, I just did veggies and fruit and that's mainly it. This time I've tried the boca burgers and nuggets like I said & I think it helps. I've never really been a big meat eater anyway. You say you can't live without chicken, and I honestly think if you tried the boca burgers you wouldn't know the difference. They taste exactly like chicken, only they're healthier. =)

edit: & thanks Ingi! Very Happy
|

Especially eHealthy
Well... I'm going to have to argue with the healthfulness. But you knew I would Wink

Bocaburger is not 'healthier' than a bonesless skinless chicken breast. It is, however, healthier than say, a breaded chicken pattie. Or chicken nuggets. Any other process chicken. Wink
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Ah, true! I'd just rather have it than meat. I've mentioned the book Skinny B*tch a lot of times here and there, I just think about all of the things I read there and I'd rather not put chicken or any other type of meat in my mouth again lol I think about all of the things that go into the meat and, blah. Can't do it.
|

Especially eHealthy
Ingi wrote:
I try the whole vegetarian thing every once in awhile. Then I remember that I like meat. Wink

Good luck on both!

lol ditto! i even ate the boca burgers and what not. but i love me a petite filet yumm.
|

Especially eHealthy
HcoBrunette06 wrote:
Ah, true! I'd just rather have it than meat. I've mentioned the book Skinny B*tch a lot of times here and there, I just think about all of the things I read there and I'd rather not put chicken or any other type of meat in my mouth again lol I think about all of the things that go into the meat and, blah. Can't do it.

Oh I totally agree. I buy organic everything. Cage free, vegetarian chicken eggs. I was not even aware that chickens weren't vegetarian - or weren't fed a vegetarian diet. Knowing that now seems... creepy. MEAT EATING CHICKENS? Scary!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
LOL what? I never really thought about it I guess haha
|

Especially eHealthy
HcoBrunette06 wrote:
LOL what? I never really thought about it I guess haha

Yeah, if you read the label for the cage free, cruelty free eggs at the grocery store, it tells you that they are also vegetarian chickens. I never knew chickens were meat eating! I did know they were hormone injected and they are prodded to have more eggs, more eggs, more eggs in any artificial way possible.

The cage/organic/cruelty free eggs are quite good.
|

Especially eHealthy
By the way, LOVE those shoes!!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
That's so weird!
I don't eat eggs, so I never really payed any attention!

& thank you! I love them too, I'm just worried about how my feet are gonna feel after wearing them. We're going to Zona Rosa and going shopping after competetion, I'll have to bring some other shoes lol
|

Especially eHealthy
HcoBrunette06 wrote:
That's so weird!
I don't eat eggs, so I never really payed any attention!

& thank you! I love them too, I'm just worried about how my feet are gonna feel after wearing them. We're going to Zona Rosa and going shopping after competetion, I'll have to bring some other shoes lol

Yes, make sure to bring regular shoes. Cute and comfy don't always go together. Which is too bad, because those are some cute shoes!
|

User Profile
Supporter
You've converted??? Tanya's talks could turn me off food all together Razz

"What you mean, you don't eat NOOO meat?!" lol
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Your DECA must be like our FBLA in high school? My junior year I went to competition & won first place, went to states & was this [---] close to going to Nationals but didn't place high enough at states! It was so much fun though. We had to dress in businessy clothes too & do all that!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I have no clue! What does FBLA stand for??

Good job at almost going to nationals though! I want to SO BAD!!!!!
|

User Profile
Supporter
Future Business Leaders of America
I was supposed to compete regionally for ours but I got siiiiiiiiiiick.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
When I was a vegan I loved Tofutti Cuties and portabella mushroom burgers with soy cheese... Yum...
|

replied February 6th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I might just try that! The only thing i'm not cool with is the sodium in it.
|

User Profile
replied February 6th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
i was a vegetarian for about 2 years and i thought it was great i was just gagging for some chicken. it was my favorite meat and i missed it soo much.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...