Medical Questions > Mens Health > Prostate Forum

Sperm / seminal fluid ejection

User Profile
most of the time i move my bowels i see ejection of sperm/seminal fluid.
i have asked a doctor but he told me its normal, n it happens to some people.i should not be worried, but it worries me, i do not see why it should be happening
is there any treatment out there to rectify this issue i got
i realised when i have orgasm, it takes a long time for me to get another erection
doctor i really need your advice on what to do about this issue


Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2008
Prostate Answer A3609
It seems that you are experiencing two problems: One, a urethral discharge during defecation that you believe is sperm. Two, a slow second erection after orgasm. Rest assured that the second problem is very subjective. You'll need to measure time during which you need to achieve another erection after the first orgasm. But generally speaking, that time-period is different in different people.

The first problem (sperm coming out during bowel movement) is a serious problem! It is normal that urine is released during a bowel movement because the urethral sphincter also relaxes during a BM; but sperm mustn’t be released. Maybe that urethral discharge was not sperm? You can perform biochemical and microbiological examinations of the urine and sperm in order to diagnose the condition. A microbiological smear from the urethra is also necessary. You can consult a urologist about the condition and receive expert help.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Flu basics - what is the flu? Get started here to learn how to protect yourself....
Who is at risk of developing flu related complications? Can people die from the flu? More on risk factors here....
We answer your questions on flu symptoms here. How are cold and flu symptoms different? When should you seek medical help for flu? Plus more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Prostate , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.