Has anybody else used a doppler to detect the heartbeat? If not do you remember what it sounded like at the Dr.'s office the first time you heard it? About three inches below my belly button I hear distinct sounds. I don't know if it sounds like horses galloping or not???? They say that's what I should be listening for....It sounds crazy like fast swishing and bubbles????Weird I know but was hoping that some of you other mommas can give me hints on what to listen for and is eleven weeks to early to hear from a 3 mhz doppler???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 30th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Dopler
11 weeks is a bit early to hear the heart beat. I was at the docs yesterday and they couldn't find the heart beat (i am 11 weeks today) so they did an u/s. We were able to see the heart beating nice and strong. Do you know how your heart beat sounds? Listen for your heart beat, and then listen for the same sound but faster. But possobly lighter in sound. You can find your heart beat usualy to the right (there is a large blood vessle there, I believe anyway. They found my heart beat there. Smile

stacey
|

replied April 30th, 2004
Doppler
I can find my heartbeat on the side and what I believe to be my placenta blood flow about three inches below my belly button. I have an appt in 2 and a half weeks but was just hoping for some reassurance. I don't know what to expect as this is my first time. I've had a perfect 11 weeks, sore bb's and really tired, but absent nausea and headaches. I think that's why i'm nervous, bc I expect to be sick and I still haven't been able to hear the heartbeat. I'm not gonna worry though because your baby is perfectly healthy and doc didn't hear him on doppler either. Thanks so much for the post, I will sleep easier tonite. Btw is this your first??
|

replied May 1st, 2004
Experienced User
Where do you purchase a home doppler?? I live in canada.
|

replied May 1st, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Afrank
Yes, this is my first. And i'm glad you arn't going to worry, because very true, it is just too early to hear the heart beat. Wait a week to 2 weeks. You should be able to start hearing the heart beat between 12-14 weeks. Smile

stacey
|

replied May 2nd, 2004
Nicole
I am renting one, use your search engine and type in dopplar or baby beat. It's very easy. There are a lot of companies who offer them. They are about $25.00 per month, and I rec'd mine the next day. It's a really easy plan. Let me know if I can help and i'll foward you some links.
|

replied May 2nd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Afrank....
Don't worry! I didn't hear my baby's heartbeat until I was almost 14 weeks and I never had morning sickness but I gave birth to a perfectly healthy baby boy 5 1/2 weeks ago.....Do not worry. Hope this helps and good luck!!!
|

replied May 3rd, 2004
Kissy
Thank you for the encouragement, I think I may have heard it yesterday for the first time, but I could only et ahold of it for a quick sec. It is such a scary time, but hearing all of your stories makes it so much more bearable.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...