Im out htis month...and HOLY COW are the cramps horrible. I came home from the gym yesterday and about an hour later my cramps started and were horrible. I still didn't start till early in the morning. I woke up at 6:30 and I had started full force.

So I cried to my mom today about how I am never going to get pregnant. And she told me that it took her a year to get pregnant with me. And it wasnt until she just gave up and accepted the fact that she wasnt going to have a baby that she found out she was pregnant. She moved to a different country and just thought that she needed to get used to her new life...and bam she was pregnant.

Now I am even more confused as to what to do. I went to the gyno yesterday for my last repeat pap from my treatment for hpv and I talked to her about whats going on. I asked if she thought if clomid was a good idea. She said that dh needs to get tested first and he is, he is going next wednesday for his sperm analysis. And she told me to let her know of the results and based it, she will decide to write me a rx for clomid or look at something else.

So thats a good step, but like everyone always says...stop trying to get pregnant, and you will get pregnant. So now what do I do? Do I go ahead with the clomid route after dh SA? Or just give up and not try anymore?

I dont know what to do. I have invested way to much time and emotion to just give it up. HOw do you just give up? It will be extremely hard to just give up without even trying the clomid.

HELP GIRLS!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I am sooooo sorry that af showed Sad I really wish that I knew what to say to make you feel better but I honestly don't think that anything could.

If it were me I would definitely give the clomid a try. What do you have to lose? Plus there are many women who got their BFP's after being on it. Maybe your body just needs this extra push. I don't blame you for not wanting to give up yet. But maybe when you take the clomid kinda try to have a "if it happens, it happens" sorta attitude. I know easier said than done. Smile

I just wanna give you a big ((HUG)) right now. If you ever want to talk Heather just pm me.....I'm here whenever you need me. Good luck and let me know what happens with your dh. (that's if you want to)

Shannah
|

replied February 3rd, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Sorry about af and those bad cramps. PMS cramps are the worst when ttc because I feel like I can't take the Midol or Pamprin until after af starts. Tylenol just doesn't cut it.

I think the idea that you have to stop trying to get pregnant is caused by a selection bias. All the women that this worked for like to sing its praises, but we never hear from the women that this didn't work for. It could be that the odds are really a lot lower than perceived.

I say give clomid a chance. My dh wanted to go the clomid way, but our doctors wanted to do all the tests first. If you get pg on clomid that you've saved yourself some time.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I'm so, so sorry about af, hunny... Sad Please don't give up, though, you WILL get your bfp one day & you WILL have a baby. How long have you been trying for? I am so sorry you're having to go through such a frustrating time right now...but you seem like such a sweet person and I am going to keep my fingers & toes crossed for you until you get your bfp!! Keep your chin up... Wink
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Im sorry honey!! ((HUGS)) You know I am always here if you want to talk Heather!!! Smile

You will be such a good mommy and it will happen when the time is right, I promise.

Keep your chin up!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
THanks girls. I am still thinking that I will go the clomid route providing that dh SA comes back ok. I am going to go in it like if it happens it will happen like Shannah said.

I am just coming to the realization that we really need to get our finances in order. Dh has had a hard time getting steady construction work right now, so we need to worry about that right now. We will get the prescription for clomid and if it happens it happens.

Thanks for your kind words and thoughts.
|

replied February 4th, 2008
Experienced User
Aww. I am so sorry. I know that you always here the same things over and over, but you guys are going to get so lucky one of these months and get your bfp. And you will be an awesome mom. Don't give up....and don't stress about it. Good luck!!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
You're such a strong chickie, Heather! I just know you're going to get your bfp one of these days...probably when you least expect it! Wink

What helps me when I'm feeling a bit down & impatient (granted I've only been trying for one cycle - but I am UBER impatient anyway! Razz ) is to just try to remind myself that everything I'm doing is to help me get ready for when I *do* get my bfp. Like, I started exercising, and trying to lose weight...those are my things I'm doing in the meantime to keep me motivated to keep trying. When you and dh sit down to talk about finances, just think "We're doing this so when we DO get pregnant (and you will!!), we'll be golden!" I think it definitely helps to say "when" instead of "if"...at least it does for me. Smile

Stay strong, girly...Tons & tons of baby dust to you for next month!! Wink
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I'm sorry girl
You know...I think it is next to impossible to not think about TTC when you are TTC! I'm SURE more women get pregnant when they are actually trying, than not. Think of how hard it is to catch the egg. So try not to let it get you down. The only kind of stress from TTC that could prevent a BFP is stress that is so severe it actually screws up your cycle. You are regular and you are ovulating, so try not to worry over that whole "take a break and it will happen". You are doing everything right. You are seeing your Doc regularly, and asking all the right questions.
Once DH checks out, I say go for the Clomid. It can't hurt.
Good luck girl. We're all here counting the days with you.
Baby dust baby dust.
cheryl
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....