So...

I went in at 5 am on Thursday morning. The jell got put in at 6 ish. Well my doctor came in around 10:50, checked me.. I had dilated to 3 so he broke my water and said he'd be back around 5 pm to check me

I'm in SO much pain from that but have to wait to get ANY pain medication. Well finally I started crying 'cuz they were coming so bad. They gave me a shot of something in my IV (oh they started pitiocin (sp?)) which didn't help.. well anyways.. the drug made me SO tired that I fell asleep for about 45 mins before they were coming hard again. well, the dr cam in at 5 and said I hadn't changed AT ALL and if I didn't have any change by 7 he was going to do a C-section.. He told the nurse when I get to 4 to give my the epi. I FINALLY go to 4 and was able to get it. It was nice I could RELAX. Well the dr cam and checked me at 7 and said you should have dilated more in 7 hours (was still at 4). He said we're gonna get you ready for a section...

Well, they came and gave me another drug to make me numb EVERYWHERE for the section.. Finally about 8:30 they take me back to do the section. Get me set up and they lat my mom in.. By 8:55 pm Alexander Jude Haines was here. He was 8lbs 15oz. The piggy lol. 19 3/4 inches long

I'm in very much pain but besides that AJ and I are doing GREAT. I'll post pics when I feel a bit more up to it...

-Ashley
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
FINALLY!!!!!!!! I was on pins and needles waiting to hear how you were doing!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile

I hope you feel better very soon. Can't wait for pics!
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Aww hun I'm sorry you're hurting so bad. Congratulations on the big healthy boy!!! I can't wait to see pictures.
|

Extremely eHealthy
thanks. I'll post pics later tonight.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Congrats on his arrival!! Sorry that you had to have a c-section,but at least he's here and healthy. Very Happy Can't wait to see pictures.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Congrats
|

Extremely eHealthy
thanks ladies Smile I'm gonna go rest for a few I'll post pics when I come back Smile
|

User Profile
Congrats! Can't wait for pictures!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Congratulations!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Congrats too you
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Congrats! Sorry you had to have a c-section though.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Congratulations!
|

User Profile
Supporter
awww congrats hun i cant wait to see pics of the lil guy lol
|

Especially eHealthy
Congratulations on your little miracle!

FYI: Get a new doctor next time. First pregnancies can take a lot longer than 12 hours to dilate.

Good luck with your recovery.
|

Especially eHealthy
congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i thought his name was going to be caleb? maybe i missed something lol
yay! cant wait for pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|

User Profile
Supporter
I thought it was going to be Chase, Suzy.
I think I'm confused.
People need to stop having babies. Either that, or name them all the same thing.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Lol. thanks girls. It WAS going to be Caleb but when I had him he just didn't LOOK LIKE a Caleb. ya know?
|

User Profile
Alex is my nephews name, was that your second choice in boys names?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Congratulations!!!!!! Sorry that your in so much pain.....hopefully it won't last too long. He definitely is a big boy Smile Can't wait to see him!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
yes, it was...

and ingi, my mom had the same problem. She stopped dilating at 6 and was like that for like 3 days. I just stopped at 4 or 5 and was like that for 7 hours. The doctor didn't want me in a lot of pain an we were supposed to get 10-12 inches of snow and didn't think he'd make it back the next day if I hadn't had him...and not dilating more than 3 cm in 14 hours...he doesn't like that. it concerns him... He said after looking at the baby there was NO WAY i'd have had him on my own
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...