User Profile
I am watching the Tyra show about the siblings rivalry and attention between siblings, how true is it about the first child being the most responsible one the middle child being leftout and the youngest being the most pampered one? Anyone cares to comment?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
It's kind of opposite in the family that I grew up in. We don't have a middle child, but I am the youngest and my brother is the oldest.

He was always immature, he got whatever he wanted from my parents, he relied on everyone else, and he never left home or became independent.

I'm the youngest and I don't get pampered, a lot is expected of me, and I moved out to live on my own in a big city when I was 18.

I had jobs ever since I was 14, and my brother never had a job until he was 22.
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Sorry to ask you this I mean no offence do your parents prefer boys than girls?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Nah, I don't think they have a preference. I don't even really think its in the way they raised us. I just think that my brother and I grew up with our own morals. If I wanted to stay at home I could have, but I chose to move out. If I didn't want to work when I was 14 I didn't have to, but I wanted some extra money to save in the bank for the future and to spend going out with friends. I guess I just learned things differently than he did so I was more independent and because of that independence I was less babied.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Oh gee I dont really know---Vanessa I think would have a better view on this. Im the fourth of 4 girls and I like to be self sufficient and independent.
|

User Profile
When I was growing up I didn't live with any of my siblings I was given away I was pampered until some years things changed I realize that I grew up and not pampered any more, more responsible, independent etc but my sister who lives with my parent seems to be jelouse of me whenever I go back to my parent's she depends most of the things on my parent. I guess experience have make me grown up.
|

User Profile
replied February 3rd, 2008
Community Volunteer
Uh, it's true, the oldest is made to be more responsible than the rest: and mainly just because she is the oldest. They are also brought up a little more strictly because they are the first one and the parents had no other children to take care of when they were raising the first in line. So they are a little more disciplined too.

It's hard to compare my family that I grew up in because in many ways ours was a little dysfunctional. I don't know if I really felt left out, but I was pretty gullible and tended not to notice things. I was very happy to be second and didn't really care.

I think Dyan was really spoiled tho for being the baby. She got way more attention and privileges than me or my older sister got. Maybe it was because my mom was tired of being more strict with my older sister and me so she was easier on the next and then just gave in to a lot of things for the youngest. Who knows? Wink The youngest is always a little spoiled.... it's just the way things are I think with moms being how they are..... With my children, it doesn't matter how old the youngest has gotten, she remains my baby til the next one comes.
|

Especially eHealthy
We only have two kids in my family. I was more responsible, and my brother was definitely babied XD
|

User Profile
Hmmmmmmm Just wonder why is it always the boys are being spoilt! Im my family even though my brother and I was given away his is always the pampered one plus my sister who is staying with my parent.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
There are four kids in my family. An older sister(23), me(20), brother(14), and then another sister(9).

My sister and I just seem more responsible right now because we're older I think. There's very little competition between us. We all seem to branch out into things we like and perform well at and they rarely clash. My little sister is just starting to get some real interests and it will be fun to see where that takes her.

I think it's pretty normal in a family like mine for the younger two to be spoiled out of their minds. My parents are more lenient--- they have a been-there-done-that attitude with the younger ones--- and they've always kind of spoiled everyone in the family anyways. I'm sure what makes it worse is that my sister and I spoil the younger ones mercilessly as well. That's part of the reason I don't really complain about how spoiled they are, since I know I am part to blame. The only thing I do complain about is that they aren't disciplined as much as my sister and I were...
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I don't think it is true that the boy is always spoiled.

Ferris only got a crummy 1980's computer while his sister got a new car.

And just look at the way Camerons dad treats him.
|

replied February 5th, 2008
Experienced User
I am the oldest and yes I'm a definate oldest child. My sister I can't say felt left out but she is the moody one. The Jan syndrom kinda! My brother is next and spoiled!! But then we have our little sister who is 8 years younger than my brother and she is too very spoiled. They are just spoiled in different ways. Not that I didn't have a great childhood and what I needed and much more!
|

replied February 6th, 2008
Re: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on
Hart74 wrote:
I am watching the Tyra show about the siblings rivalry and attention between siblings, how true is it about the first child being the most responsible one the middle child being leftout and the youngest being the most pampered one? Anyone cares to comment?

i have 2 older brothers gene 21 derrek 20 and an older sister sam 18 i am 17 and i was the only one NOT pampered. the 2 middle children derrek and sam are the most responsible really. and sam most of the time growing up was also left out because i didn't share a bond with her like i did with my brothers and as they did with me. it's completely backwards here i guess lol
|

User Profile
replied February 6th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
mominashoe wrote:

I think Dyan was really spoiled tho for being the baby. She got way more attention and privileges than me or my older sister got. Maybe it was because my mom was tired of being more strict with my older sister and me so she was easier on the next and then just gave in to a lot of things for the youngest. Who knows? Wink The youngest is always a little spoiled.... it's just the way things are I think with moms being how they are..... With my children, it doesn't matter how old the youngest has gotten, she remains my baby til the next one comes.

but ya still love me right LOL

and i have to agree with that
|

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2008
Community Volunteer
3 boys in my family...my big brother, my little brother and me...the ignored middle child. My little brother was the baby so he got lots of attention, my big brother is the jock so he got all the props for being "the man" and then there me, the poor pathetic middle kid....basically ignored by both my parents until I finally said F it and left home when i turned 16...and its been all good ever since.Smile
|

User Profile
replied February 9th, 2008
homerx wrote:
3 boys in my family...my big brother, my little brother and me...the ignored middle child. My little brother was the baby so he got lots of attention, my big brother is the jock so he got all the props for being "the man" and then there me, the poor pathetic middle kid....basically ignored by both my parents until I finally said F it and left home when i turned 16...and its been all good ever since.Smile

Awwww.... sorry to hear that homerx, you still have us here.
|

User Profile
replied February 9th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Hart74 wrote:
homerx wrote:

Awwww.... sorry to hear that homerx, you still have us here.

Smile Smile Thanks... yes ...that makes me feel better. luvcomp
|

User Profile
replied February 12th, 2008
ITS SOOOOOO TRUE!

my big sister whos 21 in march is the one who always gave us into trouble and is the one who's ment to be looking after us all. She's quite bossy most of the time. has a short temper.

im the Middle! 19 yrs old. im the forgotton one. who goes out n get Wrecked at the age of 14. ive done drugs. Never been hooked! i was preg by the age of 16
and no-one batted an eyelid. but im also the real quiet one. the one who keeps in the feelings just to make everyone happy.

my lill bro is 13. Spoilt!! only one word for him. hes very agressive if he doesnt get his own way. all attantion on him. spesh when hes the only boy. (even the dogs a gal) doesnt do very well i skool. but as soon as hes home hes brains are sittin on his bed. he just hates skool.

my dads family was the same my dad was the oldest and was stuck up and looked after the rest. my uncle John was trouble lol he joind the army though and my aunt julieAnn was the lill sis who got everything.

its always true even in the smallest way
|

most familys are this way i guess but definaly not mine
|

User Profile
Ayrshire-lass
Awwwww hun, I'll always be here for you if you need me and if you want me to, you won't ever be the forgotten one.
|
Quick Reply