I have Fibromyalgia for 20 years. I am now 60. I have severe muscle pain and have not found anything that helps. There are times that I am unable to walk more then a few feet even in my own house. Has anyone found a medication that helps without making you into a zombie???
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper madelyn_jem
|

replied February 1st, 2008
Re:Fibromyalgia!

Hi. I can certainly empathize with you. It is such a hard condition to diagnose and treat. I'm sure you'd like to eliminate fatigue and soothe your muscle pain. Any ideas?
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied July 15th, 2009
Have you tried infrared sauna? Heat and sweat helps, as pain is usually triggered by a build up of toxins in the body, and when you release this build up there is temporary relief from the pain. Organic meat and total avoidance of pesticides and drinking water will also help somewhat.
|

replied June 14th, 2011
Hi I also have fibromyaliga and the doctor has me on lyrica but it doesnt help me either and a not so strong enough muscle relaxer i know what u mean about not being able to walk i cant even walk around in a store without my hip bothering me i wish i could help u but i am in the same vote as u
|

replied September 7th, 2013
Fibromyalgia
Hi, I've had fibromyalgia for over 20 years. Drinking lots and lots of water helps get the toxic buildup out. Also, I saw a nutritionist recently and she recommended soaking for 20-30 minutes in a hot tub with 1 tablespoon of ground ginger, 2 cups of Epsom salts, and 3 pints of hydrogen peroxide. It works! Relief so I can get to sleep and get rest. You can do it every night if you need to. Hope that helps.
|
Must Read
Fibromyalgia causes pain in the body. Learn the basic facts about fibromylagia and how doctors define this syndrome here....
Are people diagnosed with fibromyalgia born with a lower tolerance for pain? Are you at more or less risk of fibromyalgia? More info and causes and risk here....
Symptoms of fibromyalgia can be mistaken for other conditions. Can you identify common signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia?...