Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lupus Forum

+ ANA during high risk pregnancy

During my high-risk pregnancy, a thorough blood panel was drawn. I was found to have Lupus anticoagulants, and subsequent testing revealed positive antinuclear antibodies, though my double-strand DNA was negative.

Im a 30 y.o. female, 16w5d pregnant.

The only symptoms I have that would coincide with an autoimmune disorder, are fatigue, joint and muscle pain (Especially in my hips, lower back, and neck). I suffer from other issues, as well, mostly psychiatric related to anxiety and depression.

My OB says that since the dbl strand was negative, they are certain I do not have lupus. However, from what Ive researched this test can fluctuate, and in a group of 100 lupus patients, only 62 (or 67) had a + dbl strand dna result.

Even if I dont have lupus, isnt the +ANA with lupus anticoagulants, fairly indicative that there is definitely something going on with my immune system?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 24th, 2009
Lupus anticoagulant can also be associated with Hughes syndrome aka antiphospholipid syndrome. There is a second antibody test called anticardiolipin antibody that may be helpful to ruleout this condition.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....