Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

The best allergy testing methods

looking for some advice about food Allergy Testing Methods.

I feel that food is one of the most crucial parts of our ongoing health but can also cause us unknown problems if our body does not find something agreeable.

I'm looking to find out which Method would be the best to do a broad sweep of different types of food and test accurately if I am allergic to any of them.
I have been told that the method of testing food on your back if extremely inaccurate and can give a lot of false negatives and was recommended as one not to take. I have taken an allergy test which involved a small electrical device and me holding something in my hand and the tester using a device to see which food essences was my body was reacting to negatively. I was very sceptical of that system but someone told me that this system is quite accurate.

I'm hoping that someone knows a lot about this and can point me in the right direction. I'm basically looking for a system where I can go and have my body tested for maybe 50 or 100 types of food so I know if any of them are affecting me negatively. I am having some medical problems and I feel that some of these are being made worse due to my diet.

Any help you can provide (even if it is links to other websites) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 4th, 2008
Supporter
Would you describe yourself as "intuitive"? Do you know and listen to your own body?
If so, there's a method my friend used to determine her allergies. B/c consider that your body is always changing, as are its reactions to its environment. Nothing is static, so allergies can come and go. I did use the skin test myself, but not for foods.

Interested in learning more?
|

replied February 5th, 2008
yea sure. any help would be appriciated
|

User Profile
replied February 12th, 2008
Supporter
Sorry it took me so long.

Basically, you take the food item and place it at your solar plexus (the areas three fingers above your navel). You close your eyes and ask your inner guide if the food item serves your highest good, or not. Generally, the answers are already inside of you. But you have to slow down enough to hear them.

I'll understand your skepticism, but you have to experiment with a new theory before you discredit it.

You might also want to check out the Blood Type Diet. This really helped me identify which foods to stay away from, according to my blood type.

Good luck!
|

replied April 3rd, 2012
Experienced User
It is always recommended to have a review before you go for any test methods. Improved or new testing methodologies are available with ALCAT for determining the presence and severity of a food allergy, and the likelihood of resolution of an allergy. An alternative method of identifying food allergies is an elimination and challenge diet.
|
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....