K now I am the type that never and I mean never eats sweets just cuz I naturally dont care for them but since I got preggy well actually within these past like 3 months, I crave anything sweet and the cravings r uncontrollable lol im serious. I feel like im starving. This is so weird to me because im not one to have a sweet tooth I usualyy prefer the salty home cooked food lol. My question is could this be related to my pregnancy and nothing to worry about or does it sound like diabetes I dont know anything about diabetes so fill me in girlies it was just a thought. Need advice please. I am so dumb too I seen my doc yesterday but her stupid a s s was rushing me for some reason and I forgot to ask gggrrrrr. I hate when they do that. ~ erica.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I dont think that you would crave sweets more if you had diabetes... I asked my mom and she doesnt thinks so either. So its probably some weird pregnancy craving... But if your worried about it have your doctor check ya for it. But I really dont think that craving sweets would be a sign of diabetes.
|

replied April 28th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Come on u guys lmao someone tell me something !!! ~ erica.
|

replied April 28th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
K thanks lol I posted the one under yours be4 I knew anyone posted. ~ erica.
|

replied April 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Lol ive done that b4 too.... Oh yea my mom is watchin a movie but I finally got her attention better... And I asked her about your question(she a nurse) and she said you wouldnt crave sweets any more than you normally would if you had diabetes... I used to love sweets but I cant really eat much of them now... I like sour candy now :d and salty stuff
|

replied April 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Actually my doc said that alot of the time diabetics crave sugar.... But he also told me its very common during pregnancy.. So most likely its just the pregnancy.. I definitly craved it after gettin pregnant and they found out I dont actually have diabetes (they thought I did) im 'borderline' so they still dont want me eatin alot of candy.. But yea, they said its normal to crave sugar in pregnancy.
|

replied April 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Erica I cravvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sugar and my bloodsugar is fine....!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Shafi Ullah Khan
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...