Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Seeing the future ? (Page 1)

Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
You are going to think I am absolutely nuts, but here it goes.

I can tell the future. Not directly, but accidentally. I can't just say "This is going to happen on XXX at XX:XX. I'll say things, and then forget about them, but then somehow, that is fulfilled. Kinda hard to understand, so here is a few examples.

1.) I had a really good friend in grade school. He lived with his mother in Kansas. His father lived in Indiana, and they were not close, at all. His mother was really all he had. One day, I was just thinking about random things, and I thought,

"Wow, wouldn't that suck if his mom died? He would have nowhere to go". A month or so later, his mother was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, and died shortly after. As soon as I heard the bad news, that thought that I had had earlier shot back into my mind.

Did I predict this? Did I cause this to happen?

2.) I used to get a ride home from another friends mom. She would pick up my friends older brother, and my older brother from the highschool, and then come pick us up at the grade school, and then take us home. His mom made the comment,

"This is my last year doing this. Next year XX will be taking you to school"

XX was a fairly wild kid, and I thought to myself,

"Oh god, I would do anything to not have to ride in a car with him behind the wheel"

5 months later, he was found dead in his room. He had had an epileptic seizure, and died in his sleep.

3.) One of my brothers friends had got his pilots license. There was a concert they wanted to go to in another state, and they thought that they would fly a plane to the airport, and then take a cab to the show. The lineup was My brother, his friend with the pilots license, his dad (also with a pilots license), and 2 other friends. My brother could not pay the fee for renting the plane, so he decided not to go. A thought shot into my head,

"At least he won't be there when the plane goes down".

I don't know what made me think that. It was just this thought that popped into my head, as if someone had placed it in my mind.

The night that they were flying to the concert, the plane went down over a field. The boy and his father both were killed, and his 2 friends were severely injured.

This doesn't always happen with large things, like death. It can happen to little things too. Here is one that happened today.

I was sitting in US History spacing out after I finished my test. I was thinking about what I was going to do with my brother when he came home from college on the next break. There are a bunch of bronze statues downtown, so I thought we might go check them out. And image popped into my head of my brother posing with one of the statues, kissing it.

3 hours later, in chemistry, someone was showing me their photos that they took when they went to Washington D.C. this last weekend. We were flipping through the photos, and then I saw a picture of her posing, kissing a bronze statue in D.C.

Am I crazy? Things like this happen all the time.

Is it happening for a reason? Is there some greater force that is putting these thoughts into my head? Why?

This probably sounds fabricated to you, and I don't blame you. If someone else were telling me this, I would laugh it off and call their bluff.

To tell you the truth, if there is something that is telling me these things, I am not sure that I want to know. I am scared that this is not fiction, scared of what they are telling me is the truth. I hope they will tell me the answers in my sleep, because I don't know if I can take it.

h.e.l.p.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 30th, 2008
Experienced User
With east Indian techniques you can get into a state of mind where you will be able to predict portions of the future. I read some accounts of this phenomenon. This, although known to the spiritual masters of the region, is not spiritual accomplishment, and should be surpassed on the spiritual quest. Westerners will deny that this exists and will go to great lenghts to disprove what you're experiencing.
|

You don't get it. I don't predict these things. I feel as if I am causing them. I can't just sit and say "You will die on XX at XX:XX because you XXXX". Its just a random thought that I have. Then I forget about it. Years, months, days, or even hours later, my thought becomes reality, and my thought comes back.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
You are not causing these things, humans actually never cause anything, we are the ones that are caused, our state of being only seems to us as if we actually were. We are the ones caused.

I think that that is pretty crappy that this happens to you.
|

Your mind is constantly working things out without you even knowing it. All of the thoughts you had were things your mind logically would go to as a possibility. Unfortunatly they happened. But you didnt cause them, if anything your brain put together the scenario as a possible outcome to events based on information you had.

I have had a few things like that but they were in realtime. I would have a dream of something that was happening to someone I knew somewhere else.

The first was when I was about 13 my friends older sister had really long hair and the night before church I ahd a dream she just grabbed her hair and started cutting it. The next day at church she had cut a lot of the top of her hair off and said she did it on a whim the night before, she was up late messing around in the bathroom like girls do and just grabbed the scissors and went for it. Totally useless info I know but there was no reason for me to think she was going to cut it because she didnt plan it hadnt been saying she wanted a change or anything.

The other I had a dream of an old friend I hadnt seen in over a year in a hotel on a road trip back home. I woke up from it about 2am. I hadnt thought of him in a while. I saw him in the dream, we were in a neighborhood it was dark we were standing in the road around some cares in teh middle of the road he waved to me from across the road a little ways and just smiled and waved. WHen I got home I found out he died instantly in a car accident that night in a neighborhood at around 2am a state away from our home state. ( he was oot, and I also was oot but in diff states)

A few other things but they probably go with a diff topic. Regardless I didnt cause any of it but did somehow know about it. I def dont think your the cause. Dont worry your not crazy. It may be your mind working out the predictions or it could be a connection to something else but your not crazy or the cause Smile
|

I don't think I could know about it though. If I knew about it, I would be able to stop it.

If there was only a way where I could go back, and change all of the moments of death, and destruction, and replace them with something. Something beautiful.
|

replied January 31st, 2008
You didnt know, it was only one possibilty Im sure you had many other thoughts too you just are singleing these out because they are the ones that happened and were tragic, you are maybe still having some issues dealing with the deaths.
You said you only had the thoughts in passing, its not as if you were convinced of it.
I get intuitive thoughts all the time but I dont think I am causing them to happen.
Do you feel a little out of touch at all?
Maybe you could talk to someone about it, any councelors available to you?
I wouldnt dwell on it really.

( oh I just read it again) Your subconcious works these things out under the surface and some of it bubbles to the surface and pops in your head, read a psycology book for some info and dont worry
|

I'm actually in my second semester of a psychology course. I have tried and tried and tried to debunk my feelings, but to no avail.

We have a rule in psychology, we call it the Vegas rule:

"What happens in Psych, stays in Psych"

I don't think I would feel comfortable talking about this in front of my peers, because this problem has already ruined on friendship for me.

I am beginning to be more aware of my thoughts now. I am a writer, and I write a lot of darkish stories, usually based off of dreams that I have. I will be walking through the house, and I will think up a plot for a short story to write. When I go downstairs to my room, there are no lights on in the basement. Even though I know that the monster in my stories is fake, I keep having this feeling that it is behind me.
|

Experienced User
Potentially_Dangerous wrote:
You don't get it. I don't predict these things. I feel as if I am causing them.

I assure you're not causing them. Perhaps you're predicting them, but you're adding your own faulty interpretation to it.
|

I can't predict them. If ONE thing were to go astray, then my thoughts would not come true. Its like the butterfly effect, you know?

Also, I had another thought thing today.

We were moving mats after school, and we were walking, and we stopped to take a break. I layed down and closed my eyes. I heard big john's voice. He said "Don't slip".

When we got the mat inside the gym, someone slipped, and the mat fell on them and hyper extended their ankle.
|

I think your just having some fun with us now. You would have a better grip of whats happening to you I think if you are studying that. But its an interesting topic none the less. I dont think you understand the terms predict, subconcious, intuition.
Or it would be clear how and why this happens to us all. And I think we are all afraid of bumps in the night and creepies in the dark.
|

replied February 1st, 2008
Quote:
I think your just having some fun with us now.

I thought this would be a place where I could come to not have to worry about people not believing me....I guess I was wrong.
|

replied February 1st, 2008
Experienced User
I don't think you understand the term "predict" either. You're still thinking that predicting has some sort of causation in it, thus your comment about things going astray.
|

replied May 30th, 2009
you think too much, that's your problem. if i were to put as much thought and energy into only fraction of the strange thoughts and experiences that happen to me on a daily basis, i would find myself locked up in a psychiatric hospital for taking a bone saw to my skull and trying to rip out my own brain. life is too short for you to be worrying about this stuff. it seems that these thoughts you have come randomly, so it's not like you would be able to prevent bad things from happening in the first place, because you never know which thought may become a reality. you're just wasting time and energy. don't feel like you played a part in these events, because you didn't. there's a difference between predicting something, and actually causing something to happen. correct me if i'm wrong, but you don't have any control over another person's final destination. you're not some sort of deity, are you? i'm not trying to be funny, or cause you to feel any negative feelings of any sort, i'm just trying to help you realize that, even if you really are predicting the future, there's nothing you can do about it because the thoughts come randomly and you don't seem to know which ones will be the ones that end up becoming a reality. to think that you might be causing these events, to me, sounds a bit narcissistic. i don't want to hear, "but you don't understand....," because, believe me, i've been in your shoes and beyond. take my word for it, if you keep playing into these thoughts, you will end up digging yourself into such a deep hole that you may never be able to climb back out. be good to yourself and enjoy what time you have left in this life, my friend.
|

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2009
Supporter
I think you should look further into your insights. you actually sound gifted to me not crazy.
|

replied June 3rd, 2009
I see the future also, except nothing important and different than what you go through. I see it in my dreams. But its always something that doesn't mean anything, like me brushing my teeth and thinking something, and there is always this weird feeling when I realized that I had seen the future and then I look up and say something like "wow, I saw the future". It's so strange because in my dream I will see myself realizing that I saw the future, and then it happens, I basically see myself in the future realizing that I had just seen the future and commenting on it.

Anywho, even these so called useless visions can tell you certain things about the world in which we "live". For instance, I deduced that if the future can be seen then we are literally living a script so to speak, word for word so to speak, every little thing we do can be foreseen, we are not in control, created or not created its all a script. You see? It only seems like it is unfolding as we go along but it isn't, all can be foreseen. We are only unaware of this, so it looks to us like it is unfolding and that anything could happen, and that you have a choice in what you do, it's quite strange actually.

I have however met many that think that they are causing things to happen somehow, this is never true, you are given everything that you have, it is even forced upon you, you cause nothing, you are one of the things caused always. Even with things that you appear to cause, you actually never do, you were just given hands and they were made to do whatever they do, get it?

Its quite a strange saying, you control nothing even that which you seem to control.
|

replied January 19th, 2010
Think about it like this:

You said that these were just random thoughts that occurred to you--that there was nothing special about them other than that they "came true."

Well, think about how many thoughts you have going through your head in a single day--or even in a single hour!--that DON'T come true.

You're just noticing the ones that do happen. They're just coincidences.

For example, it's not that uncommon for people to make funny poses with statues.

It's also pretty normal to think about planes crashing. Every time I get on a plane or a loved one is flying somewhere, the thought of the plane crashing does cross my mind, if only briefly. But if the plane were to actually crash one day, would you say that I had predicted or even caused it? Probably not.
|

replied November 6th, 2010
I kept dreaming of a blond kid when I first met my boyfriend, and sure enough, we had the look alike.

I then dreamed of my boyfriend telling me he was cheating on me with the nanny and was breaking up with me, and the next day, he said the exact same thing, word for word. I was quoting along with him.

I wish some of my other dreams would come true, like the ones where I end up happy with someone.
|

replied November 8th, 2010
One time when I was very young I was on the playground with friends, and I entered some kind've trance when I smelled the school lunch cooking, and for some reason or another My mind said to me "schizophrenics smell things that aren't there." I also blurted it out uncontrollably, it just kind've came out on it's own.

What happened I don't really know. Was something telling me about my future or did I accidentally see something that was going to happen to me.

Nevertheless, at that moment I pretty much knew I was going to be a schizophrenic. I very soon, in fact in a matter of seconds, forgot that it happened and kept playing.

Man, recess was fun, so was music class.
|

replied February 2nd, 2011
i experience the exact same thing. last may i was driving home from my granpas house and thought theres going to be a big storm this year. 2 weeks later there was a tornado and a tree fell on my grandpas house.

another time i was driving to my uncles house and they told me i was going to be in a car accident. couple days later i was driving to my friends house and got rearended.

the last time it happened i was brushing my teeth and they told me someone was going to die then last tuesday a kid from my school got hit by a car on the freeway. no one knows why he stepped out of his car.
|