Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Spotting on the pill (Solia)

Last month was my first week on Solia (desogestrel and ethinyl estradiol).
The first month on it I spotted almost the whole time. The doctor said We'd need to change pills if it continued. I continued taking it, it's now been 2.5 weeks the new pack, and there was no spotting so I assumed I was ok! I was sexually active, the six times I was I used a condom for all of them, spermicidal condom for 4 of the times... ya I'm paranoid.

But anyways next week is the sugar pills week, four days to go until that but... I just started getting cramps and saw lightish-brown spotting. I don't know what to think.

I don't know if regularly on the pill a couple of days before your period you get cramps. I don't know if if you're pregnant on the pill you start spotting. And I don't know what an early period means, let alone when I'm on the pill.

It just happened tonight and it is most definately not a full-fledged period... just feels like one because of cramps. It is very little and light-ish.

The other explanation I thought it could be was that just like last month... the pill might be of the wrong hormone levels so it's making me bleed.

Please share with me what you know!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 30th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
It doesn't mean anything! You're just bleeding. It doesn't mean that the pill isn't working, it doesn't mean you're pregnant. Some people (actually lots of people) just have irregular bleeding for the first few months.

I'd stick with it though, it sounds like it's getting better. Stuff like this usually clears up within three months.
|

Laughing yay. thank you georgia! I'll stick to it
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Good luck!
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...