Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Community Chat Forum

DREAM...what are your dreams about? (Page 1)

User Profile
What are your most common dreams? I dream a lot about flying which I here is normal.I usually take off running and I run faster and faster until I get air and ZOOMMM...I'm off and flying. I just have to keep my legs moving like I am running or I will slowly start to fall to the Earth...and I also dream a lot about running with my dog in Golden Gate Park, I look around and my dog is running up a hill and going fast and almost out of sight, I have to chase her down and she says " Dont worry,Daddy, I was just playing". Weird,huh? What do you dream about most???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 29th, 2008
Community Volunteer
from Bobbette
my dreams that i can remember are stupid--my most frequent occurring dream has been about the time my brother (Vaughn) and i were at this coulee( Large stream) after a torrential downpor on this old creaky ass brige and he slipped and fell over the edge spun about and caught one hand on the bridge -- and i just stand there and watch him til he losses his grip and falls into the water--in reality i helped pull him back on the bridge---i think it is just my subconcious way of wishing i had not helped him cuz he is such a loon and has caused so much grief for my whole family --- thanks for reminding me of it PLP B
|

User Profile
Supporter
I have had a few premonitions in dreams. I can't explain why that happens but it does.

One night I dreamt I was the steward on a jumbo jet flying over a European city. The plane was tumbling out of the dark skies as I tried to get everyone to put their heads between their knees. I looked out the window and saw the lights of the city rushing towards us. I awoke in extreme panic and turned the radio on for comfort, only to hear a newsflash that a jumbo jet had just crash-landed in that city, kllling all on board.

I go through spates of these dreams and they can be very unsettling.

Other than that, I tend to dream of trains, taxis and boats. They are not pleasant dreams and as I am typing this I realise that I do not like the loss of control where another person is driving. In my dreams I am often stressed out of my head about being late and not moving fast enough, or the driver takes a detour etc.

I wish I could have good dreams!
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Shocked WOW! That is a trip! Especially the airliner thing....its always boats planes trains and automobiles with you,huh? I wonder why???? Neutral I hope that your dreams lead you to better happier places,shonser...
|

User Profile
replied January 30th, 2008
Experienced User
I dreamt I was flying last night. It used to happen all the time, but not so much anymore. I love those dreams though, except I don't really fly, I just sort of hover lol like I'm sort of swimming through the air, or I'll dream that I'm trying to get higher but I can't I don't like them so much.

My dreams can be dirty too lol and just plain weird. I sometimes write them down in my blog. OH and I frequently have dreams of being chased by people who want to kill me, with guns or something. They're not good lol.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I dont really dream dreams that i can remember most of the time. If i can remember them they are really weird.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I don't often dream that I am myself. Usually I am someone completely different like maybe a man or a child or even a deer! It seems normal in the dream until I wake up and think, "Hang on!"

I dream I can fly too but I flap my arms!
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
I wonder why so many of us dream we can fly????? That is interesting to me.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
supposedly scientifically that is the most common thing that people dream about.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
But why? Does it reflect our being born? No, that would be swimming I would think. I don't know...but it is interesting.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I have no idea why----Its interesting and id be interested in knowing why. supossedly every one dreams of flying and falling.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Because we used to be flying creatures? Or even ... ANGELS? Actually, I am more likely to dream that I am walking through quicksand and being sucked further under with every footstep!

And yes, it does seem like a fair representation of my life right now!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
ugh i hate those dreams or the ones where you are running but still get no where from the people chasing you.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Angels...I was thinking the same thing..
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Tmddyan wrote:
ugh i hate those dreams or the ones where you are running but still get no where from the people chasing you.

I frequently have those dreams.

Flying in dreams is meant to represent some sort of achievement in your life, or something. Depends if you believe in the meanings of dreams, or if they're just random bits of stuff going on in your head when you're asleep. I quite like the idea that they have meaning though.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
yeah, me 2. I think that makes since...some dreams have meaning while others are just random...like when i dreamed about Frankenstein or Roseanne or The Brady Bunch...wait! I just figured something out. I fall asleep with the TV on a lot...! TV Land has invaded my dreams!!!! flags
|

User Profile
Supporter
Hi
Ever have one of those dreams, or you are just about to the state of sleep when you slip on a wet floor. You actually your own self up, jerking. I can't rememebr ever falling down, just slipping. Can't recall dreaming I could fly. I have dreamed of a large house and on the 3rd floor were 3 bedrooms. I could never open the door to the middle bedroom.I knew soemthing BAD was in that room....but had no idea what. I would wake up and be terrified. I dreamed this a lot when I was younger. I am much like TMDDYAN now, I don't recall dreaming but if I do its usually bizarre..............
|

User Profile
Supporter
Yeah, I am always jumping awake when I dream I am tripping on a staircase that I am going up. It is always the same staircase - it is hard and made of cement and seems to be in a football ground. Those muscular spasms also attack me if I am just having 40 winks at my pc or over my work - but at those times it can be an arm, my head, my neck or my leg that will jump in a ludicrous way, always waking me up.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
OMG! I 4got all about the "slipping but not falling" dreams...and they wake me up 2...weird! Yep, I slip as I am walking and wake up before I fall...how bizarre that you would mention that and a light went off in my head and I remember doing the same thing...I would LOVE to know what it all means... Confused
|

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Nerd dreams...

I am on a football field about to do a marching band show and I either don't have an instrument, don't have my music, or have no idea what the drill is.

I think that's my "public speaking naked" type of dream!

fairy*godmother wrote:
I could never open the door to the middle bedroom.I knew soemthing BAD was in that room....but had no idea what. I would wake up and be terrified.

I have had very similar versions of this, but very infrequently. They leave me with a very paralyzed fear! Do you still get them?

Generally, I have a mishmash of dreams that make no sense but are very vivid. I have been inspired by what I have dreamt, so I hope they keep comin'.
|
Quick Reply