Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

antibiotics and Ortho trycecelon Lo

My best friend is sixteen years old and has been sexually active with her boyfriend for almost a year. Three weeks ago, she had a "post nasal drip" and her doctor put her on antibiotics. During that week, she had her period. She has been taking Ortho trycecelon Lo ( birth control) for about 6 months. The following sunday (after her period), she started up her pill pack again. Accidentally, on Monday, she was five hours late in taking my pill (she slept through her alarm.) Then, on Wednesday, her and her boyfriend had sex. They used a condom, and from what they know the condom didn't break. (they checked it by filling it with water and nothing leaked out.) She's nervous, and I'm getting kind of nervous for her, though. her breasts are very tender and sore, and she's getting bad cramps. she's also been getting this white discharge yesterday and today. Is there any chance at all that she could be pregnant?

(i told about her being on antibiotics because sometimes the antibiotics can decrease effectiveness of the pill.)

What do you think the odds of her being pregnant are?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 28th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
She can take a home pregnancy test as soon as she's missed a period. The symptoms you mention can be a number of things including PMS.
|

User Profile
replied January 29th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
I realy doubt she is pregnant, but ifreally worried I would take an early detection pregnancy test to find out.
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....