Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
Hey, I was just wondering..On a diet...Would you look to the calories or fat grams on the food boxes?..And how much calorie intake to you think a person requires if they are superrrr desperate to lose weight fast?..Thnx
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 1st, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
U gotta look at both. But not all fat is bad fat. And u need some fat grams in order to lose weight surprisingly. If u want to lose weight healthily, that will stay off,i wouldnt go below 1,500 cals a day. Otherwise, your body will go into starvation mode and it will be hard to keep the weight off. A healthy 'diet' can be 1,700-1,800 cals a day to lose weight (depending on ur height and weight) as long as the calories are healthy for the most part. And try to avoid too many carbs at night time. When I dieted to lose weight tho, I did around 1,500 calories a day. Includ a lot of fruits and veggies as snacks throughout the day too and try to split meals up to 5-6 smaller ones instead of 3 big ones. Keeps ur metabolism running good and burns off cals quicker. But u of course cant expect to lose much weight without any excersize. The more excersize u do tho , u need to increase calories if ur doing a ton. Also, u cant just decide to have 1,500 cals a day, and eat a candy bar, chips, and french fries and only have 1,500 cals still .It does matter what u eat. U gotta eat healthy foods of course but im sure u know that. But, even when dieting, still allow yourself a special day or something where u can have some sweets or sometihn off ur diet plan, so you dont feel too deprived. (leads to anxiety, and bingeing) the only way to permantly keep the weight off is to change your lifestyle, eat healthy for the most part from now on and include routine excersizing when u got the time. Goodluck!
|

replied June 1st, 2004
karim18 wrote:
u gotta look at both. But not all fat is bad fat. And u need some fat grams in order to lose weight surprisingly. If u want to lose weight healthily, that will stay off,i wouldnt go below 1,500 cals a day. Otherwise, your body will go into starvation mode and it will be hard to keep the weight off. A healthy 'diet' can be 1,700-1,800 cals a day to lose weight (depending on ur height and weight) as long as the calories are healthy for the most part. And try to avoid too many carbs at night time. When I dieted to lose weight tho, I did around 1,500 calories a day. Includ a lot of fruits and veggies as snacks throughout the day too and try to split meals up to 5-6 smaller ones instead of 3 big ones. Keeps ur metabolism running good and burns off cals quicker. But u of course cant expect to lose much weight without any excersize. The more excersize u do tho , u need to increase calories if ur doing a ton. Also, u cant just decide to have 1,500 cals a day, and eat a candy bar, chips, and french fries and only have 1,500 cals still .It does matter what u eat. U gotta eat healthy foods of course but im sure u know that. But, even when dieting, still allow yourself a special day or something where u can have some sweets or sometihn off ur diet plan, so you dont feel too deprived. (leads to anxiety, and bingeing) the only way to permantly keep the weight off is to change your lifestyle, eat healthy for the most part from now on and include routine excersizing when u got the time. Goodluck!

thank you so much for the advice
|

User Profile
replied August 10th, 2018
Experienced User
On a diet of about 1200 calories, it is necessary and desirable to take these calories from vegetables and protein products.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Antonio Marotta
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur