Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Issue Awareness Forum

Advocacy and Kids' Summit 2008

The annual Advocacy and Kids' Summit is set to happen in Washington DC February 25 - 27. Over 350 adults and children are currently registered to spend these days racing around Capital Hill talking with their Senators and Representatives about the Arthritis Prevention, Control, and Cure Act. This Act has been held up in committee in the House and in the Senate for quite some time. We will be urging congress to "Mark Up" this bill and get it out of committee and on the floor for a vote.

There are many ways you can help. Come to the summit. Join the virtual summit at http://www.arthritis.org/advocacy.php.

Or you can send me your personal stories and I'll get them to the right people for you. I am specially interested in those of you from Indiana. If you not from Indiana, you can still send your story to me and I'll get it to an Advocate from your area. This is what I need:

Tell your story about how arthritis (any of the over 100 diseases lumped into this family) has had an impact on you. You may be suffering from it. It may be your child, sibling, significant other, loved one, or a friend. We all know someone suffering from arthritis. Tell about how it has impacted you. Also include your state and congressional district. If you don't know your congressional district, just include your zip code and I'll look it up for you.

Send your story and information to me at Scott.Hutslar at gmail dot com. I will print your story out and take it with me to DC. I will make certain that your two Senators and your Representatvie get a copy of your story.

Your story about how arthritis has impacted you is a powerful way to get congress to help. If we don't educate them, they will never understand and will not focus any resources into helping fight this disease.

Thank you for helping get this bill voted on.
Best Regards,
Scott
Did you find this post helpful?
|