I have been a smoker for 40 years and started because I thought I would be cool. Well, I wasn't cool, I just stunk.
My friend and I thought we were bad to the bone because we were the only girls in our sophomore class in high school to smoke. Little did I know that we were the only ones who stunk. Ha
Anyway, I am trying after all those years to quit with the aid of the newest pill that has been toted as the best in the country now. I believe it is the best, because I do not crave as bad a I thought I would even though I didn't want to quit when I first started taking them 3 weeks ago.
I still want a cigarette and only smoke a couple a day and want to smoke none.
Please give me a word of encourgement to help me answer my daughters prayers and to stop becoming a slave to nicotine.
Thanks, Fran
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 27th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
You can do it. Nicotine is the most difficult drug to overcome, so if you can do this...you can do anything!
|

replied January 27th, 2008
I'm going to give it the best shot that I can. I have never tried to quit before. I was just too hard headed.
Now I have my daughter praying for me. You sure don't want to get the kids started praying. All kinds of things happen.
|

User Profile
replied January 29th, 2008
Experienced User
LOL. Nice one, Fran.

How many days or hours has it been?

Are you still on a couple a day?

How large has your habit been?

You might want to also dose up with Coenzyme Q10 CoQ12 or (just CoQ12) which is a powerful antioxidant and may help neutralise the damage-causing free radicals you've been inhaling for so long (all those additives!) Plus, a bronchial expectorant can also help get the remaining crap out of your lungs. Look for one from a reputable brand, preferable with essential oils. And spend the money for something good! You must invest in your health!

Wink
|

replied January 29th, 2008
I wrote your info down so I can get them next time I'm in town. Hopefully it will make me feel better too.
Is it normal to have the shakes a lot?
Fran
|

replied February 5th, 2008
Keep it up. I know its hard, but think about how proud you will be and how proud your kids will be too. You can kick it, I know it!
|