Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Symptoms of pregnancy but negative tests

had sex on dec 7 5 days after my period. Had an irregular period on the 18 (a week before my period was actually due). Went to the doctor and had an hcg blood test done and the results came back negative. Had an irregular on the 18 (also a week before my period was actually due) of this month for about 2 days. Took a Hpt last night and this morning with both negatives.But i have every symptom of a possible pregnancy...... Is it possible i just tested to early at the doctor and of so why did i have a negative hpt test....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 26th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
It doesn't sound like you are pregnant. Symptoms aren't a reliable indicator of pregnancy since so many pregnancy symptoms can be related to other things - even PMS.

Sounds like your periods are changing to me.

Good luck!
|

replied January 26th, 2008
thanks for replying so quick i thought the same thing (that my period was changing and left it at that in Dec.) but when the same thing happened this month i just dont know what to think and i also dont know if i am because i have taken an hpt before with a negative only to go the doctor and test positive....
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...