Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

light bleeding on Nuvaring

I started the nuvaring on the first day of my period, like it said to, and the second day I got my period for a little during the day and it has stopped now. I'm on the fourth day and I still haven't had my period but a little[like littlelittle] bit of milky blood.

Is that normal?

and when I was at the gyno I told her I couldn't keep it in the fridge and she said to just keep it in a dark cold place where sun wont get to it and it will stay dry.
whats the reason for keeping it in the fridge?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 27th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
The ring takes over your system so that's why your period went away.

The hormones in nuvaring decay in warm temperatures - like in your body. Because of this, it is best to keep it in a cool place. Just like bread is totally fine on your counter but lasts even longer in the fridge, nuvaring is just fine in a dark, cool place. Pharmacies just keep it in fridges so it lasts longer.
|

replied January 31st, 2008
Thank you
Smile
|

replied February 1st, 2008
Experienced User
Yep! Great answear Eiri. That's just right!
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...