User Profile
Hey guys! Sorry it's taken me so long to get on. I will explain why in my story.

Okay, we got here at about 4:45 yesterday morning. We didn't get taken back to a room until about 6:00 because right before we got here three ladies showed up in active labor. We got back there and I changed into my lovely gown and the nurse went over all my information. I signed all my paperwork. First thing was first, I had to get my IV and blood drawn. That was done. She checked me when I got there and I was 5 cm and about 90% effaced. The doc came in around 7:30 and broke my water. So that's about where things got started. I was already having contractions when I came in but they weren't strong enough to dilate me. Even after breaking my water the contractions were still eratic so we decided to go ahead with the pitocin. I don't really remember what time that was. I guess it was after 8. They started it off slow to get me used to it. Then they really cranked things up. At one point the nurse check and I was 7cm. Thirty minutes later I was at 9 1/2. They got everyone except Brandon out of the room at that point. I guess about 20 minutes later the nurse came back and I was definitely a 10 and ready to pushy. This was a little before 12. We pushed with just the nurse for about 30 minutes for me to get used to it and try to slowly stretch me out and move the baby down. My goal was to tear as little as possible and not get cut. Yeah, right Rolling Eyes . The doc got there and we pushed for about another 30 minutes. It was really freaking hard and hurt really freaking bad. I didn't think I was gonna make it. I was confused too because we were under the impression from the day before that she was 7 pounds 13 oz. Well,l let's just say everyone was wrong. I kept pushing and pushing and her head finally popped out. Oh, she finally rotated at the last minute as she was coming out. That was a lovely feeling. The doc found it quite funny. Her shoulders ended up coming out together instead of one at a time and at a diagonal angle. OMG, that was the push of death-literally. As soon as she popped out, there was an explosing of water and blood. She was so big that she was holding the majority of everything in. I was so out of it that I didn't notice a lot of the stitching or anything. It took the doc an hour or more to stitch me up. I have a freaking fourth degree tear. I knew she looked big when they put her on my stomach, but I wasn't expecting the outcome that we got.

Brina Noelle weighed in at 9 pounds even and was 21 inches long. Now, is anyone else wondering if I was only 37 weeks 6 days. She's chubby everywhere. Now I know why I got so big last week.

What really sucked about everything is that I lost so much blood that I barely got to hold her until last night late. I held her for a few minutes in the delivery room but had to hand her over to Brandon. My blood pressure dropped way low. It took a while just to get me in the wheelchair to go to my new room. About an hour and a half after they moved me and I had eaten some lunch finally, the nurse wanted me to try and walk to the bathroom-with help of course-and try to go and clean up. We slowly made the trip in there even though I was feeling very weak. While in there, I started feeling really sick, dizzy, my ears started ringing and everyone sounded really far away. Once when we tried to get off the toilet, my leg gave out from under me completely, I fell back down on the toilet and nearly hit my head on the wall. I was really scared and this point and thought I was dying or something. I didn't know what to do. The nurse came back with more help and a rolly chair so they could wheel me back to the bed. They did and I just laid there for a few hours. They wanted to restart fluids on me but my IV had clotted off and they were unable to get any veins due to my swelling. I'm more swollen now than before I delivered. It's absolutely crazy. My feet look like an old man's feet. I waited another three hours before trying again. That time went a lot better. Then an hour or so later, we tried again and score I almost did it by myself and I was able to pee yes . I was so ecstatic. After that things started going better. I started nursing Brina and she's absolutely a champ at it. I swear she could stay on there all day. It's so amazing and I absolutely love it.

I just can't describe the love I have for her. I never even imagined it being this wonderful. I will post pics tomorrow when I go home because the wi-fi connection here sucks. Well, I will check on again later or tomorrow. Gotta take a wonderful sitz bath and feed my angel!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
WOW, WOW , WOW!!
I can't believe you were only almost 38 weeks.That whole labor doesn't sound too fun but you did it!!!

I am so happy for you. These past few weeks have been so hard on you. It was worth it in the end, huh? You have a beautiful baby girl. I can't wait to see pictures.
|

User Profile
Supporter
aww CONGRATS! She has the exact same stats as Bella when she was born, and let me tell you, bella is still Huge!
chubby babies are great tho <33!

My feet were the same after I had her, I ballooned!! it'll go down soon... doesn't it feel weird, I found it really amusing to like stroke my foot, when they're swollen like that they feel very strange! lol.

You did amazing, I'm so happy for you and I cannot wait to see pictures!
|

Especially eHealthy
OMG she was huge!! I normally dont tell Steven stories from on here but this one was worth telling him and his reaction was even Ei Karamba! Im so proud of you for pushing her out all natural! i cant wait to see pictures! how was sewing up? i know my doc told me i was lucky to have the epi and i just nodded watching that needle go up n down.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
HOLY CRAP!!!9 pounds!!! Shocked

Now that was some birth story!! Congratulations on your baby girl!!

Cant wait to see pics!! Smile
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Ahhh Stef! Oh my goodness, congrats! I'm so proud of you <3

I can't wait to see pictures!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Wow! Congrats on pushing a 9lber out without any drugs!! I knew you could do it! I can't believe she was that big and you weren't even 40 weeks yet. How crazy. Seems like you had a pretty quick labor. Can't wait to see pics. Very Happy
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
NINE POUNDS? OUCH. I'm glad you're feeling better. I bet the tearing and the pain was totally worth it, though. I can't wait to see pictures either! Smile Smile Smile

Oh and...CONGRATULATIONS! yes
|

Especially eHealthy
ahhhhh a NINE pound baby pain free?!?!?!? how are you alive!!!

im so proud of you girl! you did a GREAT job! how many stiches did you get? i got 4 and that sucked really bad Sad

now i want to see pictures of that baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats stef!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Wow! Congrats Stef! I'mso proud of you, that sounds so crazy! I bet you were shocked when they put her on your tummy & she was a big girl.

You did it! She's finally here! =)
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
yes yay! Congrats! Sorry you felt so horrible directly afterward Crying or Very sad did they have to do a transfusion?

9 pounds at 38 weeks?!? you're lying lol. Finally a good story! not some horrible story that makes people never want to have kids! wonder if I can do it without meds? Confused

PICTURES!!! Come on girl, you're a mom now, get on top of things!! lol, j/k take you time and bond and breastfeed (good to hear btw). It's all over! Now you can start parenting!!

yes Congrats again!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Wow sorry you went through a rought time but congrats girl! She is a big one Shocked
|

Especially eHealthy
EEEKK!! Steph!!!!!!

I reallllly don't think you were only 37weeks6days. I think your doc is a freak and you were TOTALLY 40weeks!!! LOL!

My sis in law went in for her last u/s before her delivery and the Dr said "oh he's 7 MAYBE 8lbs"....well she had a whopping 9lb7oz baby boy!! Those damn u/s SUCK! LOL!

I love you and I'm SO proud of you!!!! You're truley an inspiration!!
Kiss Brina for me & Oniiii!!!

Sarah
|

Extremely eHealthy
OH MY!!! 9 POUNDS!!!!!????!!!! That's a big baby! Congrats! And good for you going pain free, that's big in itself especially with a 9 pounder!

I'm ready for pics!!!!
|

User Profile
Supporter
omg!!!!! ouchie is not the word dang girl a healthy 9lb baby girl way to go au natural wow congrats to you and your lil one i cant wait to see pics of her beautiful face
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Wow! I am amazed by the fact that you did it med free! I gives me hope htat I can do that with my next one.

I can't wait to see pictures! i am sure she is gorgeous.
|

User Profile
Supporter
wow what a big baby girl you have there, CONGRATS Smile
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Congratulations Stef!!!!!! I am glad to hear that all in all you had a good birthing experience. Great job doing without pain meds......9lbs wow!!!!!

I bet she is just beautiful and we are all dying to see her Smile Great job Momma!!!!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Oh my gosh...9 pounds...No wonder you tore.

I bet she is a beautiful as ever. And thats really good that she took to nursing so easily.

Congratulations Stef and hurry hurry with the pics
|

Especially eHealthy
Congrats Steph!!!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...