I was diagnosed with familial/essential tremors at the age of 18. I always had a tremor in my hands all through my childhood which I just figured it was nervousness. I originally took inderal la for years to control it which did a good job but it made me excessively tired. To the point I had to nap everyday. After I stopped taking it I had energy to spare. I now take atenolol 25 mg a day. It does not control it as well, but at least I am not fatigued. I am right handed and although I use both hands to carry boxes daily, I find I cannot lift a glass of water with my left hand as it will shake uncontrollably. My aunt has the tremor in the head and my late uncle had it is his hands, whereas my mother has no sign of it. I am getting ready to take wellbutrin sr and wonder if this is going to aggravate the condition. Any advice would be appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 3rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I really wish I could be of help but I can only suggest that it might be worth checking out some alternative therapies, naturopathy, homeopathy, also natural meds try a search engine like yahoo or google & ask say - what natural meds help......?.... Etc.
|

User Profile
replied July 26th, 2012
I have the same disease and so far there is no 100 % treatment for it. The best advice could be to keep in touch with your doctor to control it. At least, you can go through different medication under his supervision and see the effectiveness.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....