Ok I was thinkin bout breastfeeding.. I wanna do it the 1st month.. Thing is I had my nipples peirced.. Took em out a few weeks after I found out I was preg. (found out dec.4th.. Took em out like the end of dec.) anyhow..They healed pretty well but like 2 of the holes are still barely there. Anyhow, I read that colostrum can be extracted from them around this time in pregnancy.. So I squeezed em a little today to see if any came out (i know..Tmi).. Anyhow..A little did. But it came from the hole from one of my peircings too! It wasnt puss or anything cuz their healed.. And I can tell a difference. . Anyhow.. My friend that had hers done said that her doc said if she got preg she wouldnt be able to breast feed cuz of the extra holes and the skin doesnt heal the same. .. Plus scar tissue. . What do u think? Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 27th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Geez I wish I could help honestly I have been trying to figure out myself when women start to leak asides from afterbirth. Dont worry about what ur friends doc said, just ask yours. And who cares if it tmi lol its a pregnancy forum hello?????? Lmao we should be reading about all the greusome things that happen during labor and such lol its not like we can really talk about it anywhere else ya know? I dont know why u wouldnt be able to breast feed with the peircings or I mean from the holes, the body heals itself. Who knows like I said lol ask ur doc. ~ erica.
|

replied April 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks! No one else heard anything bout this?
|

replied April 29th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
No I dont know either sorry, ask your doc though or look it up in breastfeeding... Ill look it up!

Ok here:

the potential problem
wearing a ring, stud, or other piece of jewelry through one or both nipples could impair your ability to breastfeed .

Can I breastfeed?
Yes, as long as you don't have a buildup of internal or external scar tissue. If you do, or if the piercing became infected during the healing process, you may have a problem with milk flow.

Sometimes a little bit of milk leaks out through the piercing hole, but that shouldn't interfere with your nursing.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...