User Profile
So I've been searching all over online for some ideas of what we can do to this cabin to keep it looking like a cabin but spruce it up a little at the same time. We're going to start remodeling a little this summer, starting with those wall unit propane heaters, new windows & possibly replacing the steps going upstairs because they're starting to lean slightly to the left which scares the crap outta me. Here are some ideas we have for the next several years. When we really get into the actual process, we're going to take it one room at a time so our whole house isn't ripped apart at once, we'll probably start with the living room but we're still not sure. Anyways, tell me what you think of these pictures & if you have an comments or advice feel free to share Very Happy

Kitchen Idea # 1 - My favorite! Ours is already set up like this so it wouldn't be too hard to do at all..

I love the island in these ones

Back porch idea..

Upstairs idea

Upstairs bedroom ideas

Stairway

Front porch

We're definately planning on making the bathroom bigger too but I want to design that exactly how our bathroom was in the apartment we lived in before we moved in here.. You guys might remember seeing pictures of it & drooling over the tub!

stretch These took forever to upload because our DSL isn't working & I'm using crappy dialup, so some feedback would be greatly appreciated lol..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 24th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Those pictures are nice! & I definitely remember that tub, what a pretty bathroom!

I don't really have any tips for you, but I love the ideas you guys have!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I love it! The only thing I don't like are the curtains for the kitchen.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I like all the pics. They all look sooooo cozy and comfy. I'm jealous Sad
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
yeah great pictures. i want one!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I do too! I'm jealous! Those are gorgeous.
|

Especially eHealthy
i want a house to remodel Sad i cant wait til you get some of it done and post pics of it!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks guys!! Shane really likes the first kitchen picture, which is awesome because I LOVE it! The only thing that would be different is I don't think we'll get a dishwasher & we won't have that space above the cupboards because our ceilings aren't that high. The floor in that picture I love too.

Then in the second & third kitchen picture, I really want an island something like the ones in those pictures. I'd also like to have, instead of a kitchen table, have a comfy booth put in, in one of the corners of the kitchen. I think that would be so cool, & definately different. I can't find too many pictures of them online though. A friend of mines dad built one in their kitchen. It looks nice & saves some space rather than having a kitchen table in the middle of the floor!

The back porch, in that picture, the one we would build probably won't be near as big as the one in the picture, but it'll be pretty good sized & we eventually want an above ground pool going off it as well.

Upstairs we have tons of ideas for. Somehow we want to make the rooms a little bigger by making the sloped ceilings a little higher. Don't know how we'd go about doing that, but there's got to be some way.

The stairway we want to look pretty much just like that picture of the stairs, we might just end up having to do that this summer because our steps now are in pretty bad shape.

& I cannot wait to have a front porch & a bigger bathroom. All of this is obviously going to take quite a few years because with the wood everything, it's gonna get pricey. That's why as of right now, we're just going to do windows, new heating & maybe the steps this summer, then start on the major stuff next summer then just keep doing one room at a time til we're done. I'm sooooo excited!!!

Very HappyVery Happy
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...