Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Red flaky rash in armpit area with weird odor

Not sure If im in the right section, but I used to sweat a lot from only one of my armpits. And then i just stopped sweating all of a sudden and then noticed a red rash under that same armpit that itches a liltte, not that bad, is red, a lil flaky with white residue, small pimples, and smells weird. Im not swearing from my other armpit either but do not have this problem there. Its been here about 2-3 weeks and itsnt getting worse or better.

Anyone have any input? I have since stopped using deodorant and bath daily as I always have. I have also had instances of chronolingic urticaria (hives) mainly from nervousness, stress, excitement, anxiety, heat etc.

Thx
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 30th, 2009
Wow, the same thing happened to me. Do you have any information, because I'm wondering what it is as well?
|

replied May 2nd, 2010
Oh my lord. The same thing is happening to me. Does anyone have information on it. Thank you
|

replied September 20th, 2011
Same here, I'm a teenager, and my doctor has prescribed pills, but they don't seem to work. Along with multiple creams for the past 3 years. She even suggested to use a sensitive deodorant, or not wear it at all... Throughout the past 3 years it seems to go away and then flare out again.
|

replied September 28th, 2011
Usually with eczema, it will go away and come back. Mine always flares up in the summer with the heat and sweating and all that. Eczema can't really be cured...You just have to treat it as it flares up.
|

replied September 28th, 2011
I had this same thing happen to me when I was in elementary school. Just recently I've had the same flare up under my left breast. I've been doing some research and think it may be seborrheic (sp?) eczema. Usually it's treated with antifungal cream and steroids. I would suggest talking to your dr about it.
|

replied September 15th, 2012
Red flaky rash in armpit area with weird odor (self-med)
Had the same thing, first it went away, then it came back (within a month or so).
From the smeel difference and the red coloring I surmised it was some sort of surface bacteria infection, so I started tro pad it down with aftershave in the morning and evening (also gets rid of the smell).
It started disappearing and got less red over the past two weeks. Keeping at it, though Smile
|

replied October 11th, 2012
skin irritation (red, flaky, sweaty iritation under pitts)
Lol I know what it is!! Look up ring worm, ( no worrys it's not a real worm just fungi) I had the same thing AND I have Ecxema. Ecxema is usually caused by allergys (the most commen is milk but mine is silver trees XD ) ring worm is cureable with a topical cream and goes away in 1-2 months. It is red, a sort of round shape, itchy, flaky, and Iritated when sweating. Ring worm likes what bacicaly all fungi likes, shady moist areas. (Like the armpit, under the brest, and other sweaty areas) but all the same: ring worm is no fun so ask your doctor about that possobility. Ecema on the other hand is infamous for being on the arms, neck, and 'leg pitts' (although I have it in my hair!!! DX ) It feels very dry and if you have had it for a very long time it willl looked streached. ECXEMA IS GENETIC SO IF A FAMILY MEMBER HAS IT, YOU MIGHT TOO!! But with what you guys have desribed,, it is most likliy ring worm (bwy sorry for the spelling!! DX I am so bad at it it's not even funny!!!)
|
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....