Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

I said I didn't regret it but I do

I honestly would like to tell everyone on here that I regret my abortion everyday of my life. I had the medical abortion and everything that could go wrong, did. I believe that I deserved it. I find myself unable to be happy for my friends who become pregnant. I can't congratulate people. I cant even smile at a baby without thinking about what I did. It was selfish and I would not recommend this to anyone. I have to live with this till the day i die. I'm so afraid to tell anyone. I never thought of myself as a guilty person, because i'm not. but this goes beyond that. I'm not hardcore religious, so please don't think this is where I'm coming from. I'm just a ruined person. And I'm paying for it.

I'm so sorry.

--Talie
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 24th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
There are some very helpful resources to help women who are having problems coming to terms with their abortion. You don't have to live like this. There are people who can help you remember why you had the abortion in the first place and why you felt it was the right decision - and how you have now been given a second chance at life. You have nothing to pay for, and you're not a selfish person.

We can't link directly to these helpful resources because they are other forums and it's against the rules for some reason. However, you can PM your email address to any of the users who post to this topic and say they have resources for you, and then they can email these sites to you. These are non-religious post-abortion recovery forums, where women can discuss their experiences and help each other to heal.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Go to google and look up 'passboards', that should get you to a good site Wink
|

Extremely eHealthy
You are not ruined!

You had an abortion, but it does not define you or make you who you are.

I do not regret my abortions, they were the right choice for me. BUT that does not mean that I do not care for women who are having problems.

Selfish is such a strange word... People use it so negatively, when it fact it is a very neutral thing.

We all MUST be selfish, otherwise people will walk all over us, and we will never have anything in life.

We have to take care of ourselves, and we cannot expect everyone else to give give give.

I do not feel that abortion is wrong. It may be selfish, but so are a lot of things in life.
|

User Profile
replied April 5th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
Sorry
to hear about your regrets but abortion is not somethign you could recommend or advise against based on your own experience, we are all different. You were NOT cut out to be a mother at that time that's why you had the abortion you did yourself and that fetus a favor. Resenting a child is wrong beyond words and you prevented that from happening in your life. Own that decision and accept it because it was what was best for you, other women who choose that option will be doing whats best for them.

PS Be happy for your friends because you KNOW they are making the decision that is right for them , if you want to start showng selflessness you can start by being happy for your pregnant friends who need your support and love.
|

replied May 10th, 2009
ino
ino how you feel i look at mums with new born babies with the prams and i think i should be doing that i hate what i did and will never forgive myself i am disgusted in myself i sometimes cry i cnt tell any1 because im scared of what they might think of me my friend just had twins n im jeolose i wish that i had my baby in my arms..
|

replied June 26th, 2012
I am 17 years old and i had an abortion the first week of january 2012. at first i was kinda happy i did it i mean i wasnt ready. but now that i think about it i regret it more than anything in the world and i cry about it everyday. when i hear people talk about babies my stomach hurts and i start to cry. even now writing this i am crying. my boyfriend didnt know about it when i did it and now he tells me that the past was the past and i need to move on in life and start being happy again. but he doesnt understand. he doesnt know how it feel. i took the abortion pill and it hurt so much. i mean i can still feel the baby leaving my body. and it kills me everyday cuz now i feel like a horrible person. the people who found out about my abortion gave me a really had time and sent me very hurtful texts. no one seems to understand the pain and depression i am going through. i dont know what to do anymore...
|

replied November 23rd, 2012
It is going to be a year in january since my aboration and i still feel really sad about it my boyfriend is still with me and we are happy but the sadness of my aboration still haunts me. i need help!! i dont know how to get over this... its killing me inside...
|

replied January 3rd, 2013
Today is a year since my aboration, and i have been crying all day. i dont know waht to do i feel horrible...please someone help me!
|
Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...