caster oil and labor and baby
is it safe at 38.2 weeks 65%eface 2cim dilated ,with membrans stripp
how much?
will the hospital know you took it'caster oil'
50%  50%  [ 2 ]
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
50%  50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4
i'am 38.2 weeks and dilated at 2cim and 65% efaced.haveing some mild contractions, from the dr. ; stripping my membrains two days ago.now the contractions stop .i want to use caster oil ! is it safe? and am i far along enough to do it with out hurting the baby? and how much? thanks ,t
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 22nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
DON"T DO IT WITHOUT THE DOCTOR KNOWING! I'm sure it's safe, but PLEASE check with your doctor first. Baby will come when it's ready, not when you are. Try to remember that. Also remember your due date is ESTIMATED. So you still could very well go another 4wks (I wouldn't count on it though).

I wouldn't take it without your doctor knowing. I know you want to do it with the best of intentions, but it could have bad results.
|

Especially eHealthy
Castor oil causes diarhea and terrible stomach cramps. It is a wives tale that it causes labor. It will most likely cause you to sit on the toilet all night.

You should try sex, walking and getting into a squatting position. You want that baby to be right on your cervix to dilate it and open it up. Don't recline. Sit up straight as often as possible.

Nipple stimulation works also.

Good luck!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
talk to Ingi, she knows how to induce labor! lol.
|

Especially eHealthy
Lilly Ivy wrote:
talk to Ingi, she knows how to induce labor! lol.

Actually, labor happens when your body and the baby are ready. Your baby will give off a hormone that signals to your body to begin labor. But these things do not harm and they can help a woman's natural labor to move forward.

Castor oil causes painful stomach cramps and diarhea and it isn't something I'd wish on anyone - especially someone in the final weeks of pregnancy.
|

Especially eHealthy
castor oil = diarrhea allll over the place when you're trying to push! HAHAHA...I would def say try the things Ingi has recommended INSTEAD of Castor Oil.

Sarah
|

Experienced User
LOL diarrhea all over the place during labor is not cute at all. Go with the nipple stimulation and walking ideas. Sex is fun to if it is still safe for you per your doctor. Smile
|

Especially eHealthy
i wouldnt suggest castor oil either, it tastes awful and just makes you feel awful cuz all you do is poop. the idea behind it was if your intestines are contracting from it your uterus would get the idea and do it too. wives tale.
|

User Profile
Supporter
My mum took a large dose of castor oil to bring me on - apparently I was born within half an hour, just as the midwife was taking her coat off! She said it was absolute agony and I looked very distressed, too. Not a good thing to do.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...