Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

How soon for accurate test ?

I might be pregnant, small small chance but it's still there.
Had sex Sunday and Monday(tues now) and we used a condom but kept going after he came, Sunday he came twice in one condom. I'm scared it might've spilled over or something and gotten in me somehow.
My boyfriend is actually pretty much sterile, one teste doesn't produce sperm and the other doesn't produce any fully working ones...
The chances are slim to none, but I'm still worried as hell.

How early can I take a pregnancy test and see a doctor and have them be able to give me an accurate result about whether or not I'm pregnant?

I'm supposed to be starting my period in a few days, my last cycle began on the 24th of December and ended the 29th, but my cycle can be weird sometimes and skip a month.

I'm only 16, and I think Plan B can only be bought by 18+? But I know that can possibly mess you up for the future when you want kids, so I don't want to take it as a "just in case". idk... How much does it usually cost?

Any advice, please?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 22nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
There is NO WAY Plan B can mess you up in the future when you want kids. It has been used in many, many countries for over 30 years. It is absolutely, positively SAFE.

There is no way to test for a pregnancy this soon.
|

So do you think I should take Plan B as soon as possible? In my case, I probably should... seems like the best answer at the moment. :/
|

Extremely eHealthy
Call this number to find out anything you ever wanted to know about Plan B:

It is a free phone call to 1-888-NOT-TOO-LATE.
|

Extremely eHealthy
scared2010 wrote:
So do you think I should take Plan B as soon as possible? In my case, I probably should... seems like the best answer at the moment. :/

Yes.
|

Especially eHealthy
Plan B is a great option! You should look into it.

I have a question... how does your boyfriend know he is 'pretty much' sterile? Because fertility testing is rarely done on men not wishing for children.

I have a friend whose boyfriend told her the same thing and she ended up pregnant. Surprise! Come to find out he just thought he was sterile. Hrm.
|

Ingi wrote:

I have a question... how does your boyfriend know he is 'pretty much' sterile? Because fertility testing is rarely done on men not wishing for children.

I have a friend whose boyfriend told her the same thing and she ended up pregnant. Surprise! Come to find out he just thought he was sterile. Hrm.

Ha, not sure. He said he was kicked down there pretty hard as a kid, and maybe his parents took him to the doctor to see if any damage was done. I'm guessing though... I'll ask him tonight.

I can't call the above number, because my cell phone lists the numbers I call and my dad would look on the bill and find out, so I know since you have to be 18+ to by it with a prescription, is it okay if a male 18+ buys it or does it have to be a woman? And again I ask about the cost...

thanks for the replies so far..

EDIT: Also he said once that he came in a girl the week before her period and nothing happened. So kinda giving evidence in favor of him being slightly sterile.
|

Especially eHealthy
scared2010 wrote:
Ingi wrote:

Ha, not sure. He said he was kicked down there pretty hard as a kid, and maybe his parents took him to the doctor to see if any damage was done. I'm guessing though... I'll ask him tonight.

I can't call the above number, because my cell phone lists the numbers I call and my dad would look on the bill and find out, so I know since you have to be 18+ to by it with a prescription, is it okay if a male 18+ buys it or does it have to be a woman? And again I ask about the cost...

EDIT: Also he said once that he came in a girl the week before her period and nothing happened. So kinda giving evidence in favor of him being slightly sterile.

No. These things do not mean he is sterile. Boys say this with the hopes that they are sterile and a girl will let them go without using protection. But you know what? DO NOT BELIEVE them.

Also... I"m wondering how a little boy would even make sperm enough to masturbate into a cup for them to test... Probably didn't happen.
|

Ingi wrote:
scared2010 wrote:
Ingi wrote:

No. These things do not mean he is sterile. Boys say this with the hopes that they are sterile and a girl will let them go without using protection. But you know what? DO NOT BELIEVE them.

Also... I"m wondering how a little boy would even make sperm enough to masturbate into a cup for them to test... Probably didn't happen.

He's not trying to cheat out of using protection, definitely not. I think it's just what he believes, he wouldn't try to get me pregnant or anything, and he says even if I get on the pill he still wants to use condoms, so he's definitely not trying to cop out on safe sex.
|

Especially eHealthy
That is great. Just use them correctly. A new one every time. You can go to a family planning clinic near you (planned parenthood). They give condoms out for free!
|

Especially eHealthy
Ive never heard of Plan B having a specific age at which you can buy it or even a cost? goto a pay phone and call your local planned parenthood and see what they say.

Because you had sex after the use of the condom there is the possibility for sperm to have entered your vagina.

And using a condom twice is improper use and could also increase your chances of being pregnant.
|

~dani~ wrote:
Ive never heard of Plan B having a specific age at which you can buy it or even a cost? goto a pay phone and call your local planned parenthood and see what they say.

it's available for 18+ without a prescription and 17- with a prescription

There might be no cost... i don't see anything on any websites I've researched about a fee.
|

Especially eHealthy
so you dont need your parents to fill a prescription do you? I dont understand why you would since you dont need parental consent for an abortion
|

I'm not sure... I'm having a friend who is 19 picking me up later and he's going to go into walgreens or somewhere and buy it for me...

and i think the parental consent for abortion varies from state to state

and i'd have to go to a doctor for a prescription, and I would need my mom to take me, prescription would cost money, and the pill itself is at least $25 (i researched, highest is $50)

but they want minors to have a prescription so we don't start popping Plan B like candy apparently. Thats what most of the articles concerning the issue say pretty much. People are lobbying though for minors to be able to get it though, so that may change. It only became available to adults without a prescription last year.
|

Especially eHealthy
o i c. at least you have someone willing to get it
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
$25 is a lot better than abortion rate (if you are and choose to do that obviously) and A LOT better than 18yrs worth of living... think about that.
|

GOT IT. AHHH.

$45 ~_~

Thank you guys so much, I wouldn't have known what the pill was called if I hadn't of come here.

I'm going to take a follow up preg test in 2 weeks, and I'm going to pray the pill worked. And concerning sex, not doing it again til I'm on the pill, and even then I'm going to be safe.

Thanks everyone... hope it all turns out well.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Good luck. I'm impressed at how much research you did on your own. Smile
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Very Happy good girl!
|

Especially eHealthy
thats great you were able to get it, very good idea about getting on the pill Wink glad we were able to help
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...