User Profile
Okay all you mommies...I am 19 years old and never had an earache!! I have had many, many sinus infections, still no earache. Starting yesterday every now and then it feels like someone is freaking stabbing the he(( out of my right ear. Then between those spells it feels hot and stuffed up. I am not having any apparent sinus problems. I plan on going after work and getting ear drops, but does this sound like an ear infection? Because I honestly have no idea?!?!? Help? Please!! Haha!!! Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 22nd, 2008
Especially eHealthy
It could be. Do you feel the pain in your jaw as well?
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Umm...kind of going down my jaw line, but not in my jaw...does that make sense? It is making me just feel like crap...
|

Especially eHealthy
It could be an infection. Are your glands swollen? Does it hurt when you press underneath your ear?
|

Especially eHealthy
oh man...that sucks. Is it(your ear) leaking any fluids??

I ask this cuz that's a sign of a busted eardrum. (which are nooooo fun!!)

Let us know how the dr's go!!

Sarah
|

User Profile
Nope, glands aren't swollen (i am pro at being able to tell) It kind of hurts behind/below my ear, and that gland may be swollen, Im not sure.

I am trying to hold off on going to the dr....But am going to pick up some drops at walgreens. No fluids, it certainly feels like it, but nothing is coming out.
|

Especially eHealthy
I might just be inflamed then. Which is no fun either. Baron had that problem about 2 weeks ago!! He said it felt like someone was stabbing him in his ear.

It only bothered him for that day though and went away the next morning.

What kind of drops are you gonna get? I think I have an idea but I can't remember the name...do they start with an 'S'?

Sarah
|

User Profile
Umm...I don't really know..Lol! For some reason Mylicon (sp?) is coming to my head...but im not sure...I was just going to browse the ear drop section!!! HAHA!
Is it unusual for an adult to never have an earache then get one???

You need to post some pics of Baron so I can put a face with the name.
|

Especially eHealthy
I think of Symethicone for some reason!!!! LOL! So you're NOT crazy!!

Let me see if I can find a good one!!

Sarah
|

Especially eHealthy
This is him with his Godchild, Jathan!! About 2 months ago!!

Sarah
|

User Profile
Girl, he is good lookin'!!!! Nice tattoos!!! He has a lot! Do you have any? I can totally see Oni in him!!
|

Especially eHealthy
LOL! Thanks, he's actually lost weight since that pic. I got him a gym membership for Christmas!!

I do have 3 tatts. One on each shoulder blade, and one clovering the top of my foot!

He's got a sleeve, except for that one space you can see!! His tattoo artist got into a VERY bad wreck and hasn't tatt'ed in about a year. So, he's kinda waiting to see if he'll start tatting again!
He's very particular about the SAME person doing ALL of his tatts!!

Sarah
|

User Profile
Yeah...I would like another tattoo, I have one, very VERY simple butterfly on my hip that I got with a fake id on senior trip! hehe!

I can't picture him losing too much weight.

Does he think the guy will start working again?
|

Especially eHealthy
He's lost in mainly in his belly! He gained a lot of weight with my first pregnancy and had never lost it!! He's only lost about 10lbs...all in his belly!

Probably not. He broke his tatting wrist and had like an 'awakening' to his life style. Sucks.

But the guy that had the shop with him is pretty good, and knew Baron realllly well and the art that he has. So he MIGHT let him fill in that spot and he'd be done for a while!!

Sarah
|

User Profile
Lol! Well, that sucks about the main guy, but at least his sidekick may be able to do it with Baron "trusting" him!!

My ear hurts...and I feel sicky...grrrrrr
|

Especially eHealthy
Man, I'm sorry about your ear. I had BAD ear problems as a child, so I know exactly what you're feeling!!

Have you ever had your ears cleaned out?? Wax buildup can cause pain sometimes.
I have to get it done every 6 months (but I'm going on 4 years!!!!!!!!! EEEEK!) Thank God I can read lips, cuz I'm damn near DEF!! If you're not looking at me while you speak, I CANNOT hear you!!

Sarah
|

User Profile
OMG! Seriously??? That would suck!!! So do you go to a doctor to do that or would "Ear Candling" work just as good?
|

Especially eHealthy
ya know, when I was in school for Esthiology...we had to perform ear candeling.

It DOES work..but only to a certian extent. It's quite dangerous too! LOL!

Because of my ear problems, I refused to let them do it to me, but I was able to perform it on someone.

When I get it done...the nurse fills this HUGE metal syringe with hot water and shoots it FULL BLAST into my ears (about 5/6+ times on each side)!! It forces the wax to soften and come out in ROCKS!

It's quite gross, but it feels soooo good!! It feels like scratching an itch DEEP in your ear that you can't reach!!

But after I get it done, I find myself turning the radio down, and asking people not to scream at me!! HAHAA!!

If the wax builds up, it can put a lot of pressure on your eardrum and cause it to hurt!

Maybe seeing the Dr isn't such a bad idea!

Sarah
|

User Profile
Interesting...because I often get that unreachable itch deep in my ear, where like if you rub the inside of your throat with your tongue, it makes it a little better..okay that sounds weird...but i know what i mean...lol....what kind of doc do i go to?
|

Especially eHealthy
you're regular Dr. usually does it.

I actually itch my throat. LOL! I make this weeird pig sounding noise!! LOL! Oni can do it too, but Baron can't!! It's hilarious...he get soo mad when I do it (cuz it's usually at like 3 in the morning while I'm sleeping!! HA!!)

Sarah
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...