Hi,

I am a 23 year old male with a fairly good lifestyle which is being completely wrecked by the fact that I wake up with a headache EVERY day of the week.

I have been to many doctors who can't explain the problem and just tell me to take painkillers (so I was taking Analgesic Calmatives daily) until more recently I have been prescribed Cafergot which seems to work well but I am limited to taking 10 of these per week, unfortunately I need 2-3 every day so there are days when I cannot take them.

What i am wondering is the fact that cafergot are working, does this explain to anyone what the problem is?

Like I say I have a fairly promising sporting and general life ahead of me but these headaches are certainly trying to stop me from leading a good life. Any advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Chris
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 28th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi Chris,

I used to wake up everyday with a headache...tension headache, to be specific. This was for years...nothing worked. I tried a lot of medications.

So I changed my diet, and now I am regularily free from headahces!

Do you consume alot of caffiene? What about MSG or other highly processed foods? Alot of sugar? What's your blood pressure like?

I cut out coffee, Coke, etc. I am extremely sensitive to MSG and all the other names it goes by and cut that out, too. I try very, very hard not to consume too much sugar. I do not eat fast food or any other kind of processed foods. There was an adjustment phase, for sure, and I had enormous headaches during it but now I am much better off.

Hope this helps!
|

replied January 28th, 2008
Thanks
Hi Birch,

Sounds very similar to what my problem is. I do eat a lot of fast food, processed food, caffeine and sugar. My blood pressure is fine, but I match with everything else you've explained, my problem is the variety of food I enjoy is very limited! But I will cut down on everything you've mentioned and see how I go!

Thanks again!

Chris
|

replied February 22nd, 2009
Daily Headaches
I too suffer from not only daily headaches but severe migraine headaches at least 3 times a week. I knew not to eat processed food with msg, caffine, peanuts, aged cheese, etc. I still had the daily headache. It was so bad even the cold and wind hurt the spot on my head. I have had every test imaginable. Finally the 14th doctor I saw diagnosed me with not only migraines but a rare condition called hemicrania continua (continuous headache) and prescibed a very old drug - Indocin. It really really helps. Please ask you doctor about it. My migraines are still the same but my daily headaches are somewhat under control.
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....