Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

light period negative test ??

So my g/f and i have been worried she might be pregnant because she missed her period and was having odd symptoms and stuff so we took a test and it came out negative then she had her period a couple days later (ive posted before on my situation if u guys remember)...anyways we were really excited she wasnt preg but now she told me that her period has been really light, like it hasn't been spotty or anything but it didn't last that long (it usually lasts around 4-5 days but it lasted only 3) and she said her "flow" wasn't as heavy as usual...should we be worried about this??

thanx again!!! Very Happy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 22nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
All you can really do to ease your minds is to retest, and be sure to do it in the morning as directed on the box of the test.
|

ha i bet u guys are gettin tired of me posting my problems lol...anyways we are thinkin of takin another test i just figured id ask and see if this was a big thing to worry about
|

Extremely eHealthy
I wouldn't worry about it, but that doesn't mean that there is zero chance of anything...;and just because I wouldn't worry doesn't mean you and your gf won't worry.

Let me put it another way. If I had never read the threads on this site before, and you asked me this question, I would have said you had absolutely, positively nothing to worry about because she got her period, end of story. But I have read some pretty bizarre stories on here, like women getting "implantation bleeding" which they mistook for a light period, and they were actually pregnant. See what I mean? Confusing.
|

yea i understand, my g/f and i have both been investigating what's going on and we both have seen some very strange stories like that so that's why we are kinda worried as well...tomorrow we will probably take another test (in the morning lol) and see what happens, hopefully it tunrs out ok Smile
|

Especially eHealthy
id say no
shes not pregnant
its not common that a woman bleeds during pregnancy
implantation is usually brown or light pink blood
if she was bleeding for 3 days then shes most likely probably not pregnant (id say not pregnant period LOL) and the "symptoms" she was having were pms symptoms Very Happy makse sense?

test again and if its negaticve again then shes not preggo Very Happy
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...